[webkit-help] [squirrelfish-dev] How to debug the JIT when it crash

[webkit-help] [squirrelfish-dev] How to debug the JIT when it crash

felixs

Hi All, apologies for the spam.

right now I am trying to fix the jit crash bug, but I don't know how to start it, can anyone give me some suggestion?

when javascript engine run some special test case, it will run crash.

I have print all the emited instructions, but the instructions will be repatch or relink after it run, so is exist an way or steps for debugging it?

Thanks in advance!

--
BGs/Felix Shi

Re: [webkit-help] [squirrelfish-dev] How to debug the JIT when it crash

felixs

Hi Arunprasad,

Thanks for your tips.

My environment as following:

CPU: SH4;

SVN revision: 65000

OS:  WINCE

Tool Chain:     MSVS+PB

JS test case: I cann’t get the single js test case. But I can reproduce it as this steps[First access the http://image.baidu.com/, then access http://maps.google.de, wait 2-5 minitues, it will crash. The crash type is “access violation”].

I have try to debug it, find that the crash was caused by the jit, if we disable the JIT feature,  the browser will not crash.

As the test case is very complex and it is hard to be simplify,  so I don’t know how to debug it.

I try to print all the emitted instructions, but it is too many for me to analyze, after the instructions were emitted, the instruction will be repatch or relink, so anybody can give me some suggestion for how to debug it.

Thanks.

Re: [webkit-help] [squirrelfish-dev] How to debug the JIT when it crash

Darin Adler
On Mar 4, 2013, at 2:41 AM, [hidden email] wrote:

> Hi All, apologies for the spam.

Please, it’s not acceptable to cross-post to all three of lists to ask for help debugging a problem. If we all did that we’d have tons of traffic on these mailing lists.

Stop!

Please at least narrow this down to just the webkit-help list, or better please use a bug report for this discussion instead.

-- Darin