various errors building poppler on Snow Leopard

various errors building poppler on Snow Leopard

Richard L. Hamilton-3
The default compiler didn't like the option -std=c++11.  When I ran with configure.compiler=macports-clang-3.8 (which was perhaps the newest of what I had installed), it coped with that, but later got errors as shown in the attached log file.

main.log-poppler.txt.gz (26K) Download Attachment

Re: various errors building poppler on Snow Leopard

Ryan Schmidt-24

> On May 31, 2017, at 18:24, Richard L. Hamilton <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> The default compiler didn't like the option -std=c++11.  When I ran with configure.compiler=macports-clang-3.8 (which was perhaps the newest of what I had installed), it coped with that, but later got errors as shown in the attached log file.
>
> <main.log-poppler.txt.gz>

See https://trac.macports.org/ticket/54249

I guess poppler now requires C++11.

The way to achieve that on system earlier than Mavericks is: https://trac.macports.org/wiki/LibcxxOnOlderSystems

Re: various errors building poppler on Snow Leopard

Richard L. Hamilton-3

> On Jun 1, 2017, at 01:33, Ryan Schmidt <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> On May 31, 2017, at 18:24, Richard L. Hamilton <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> The default compiler didn't like the option -std=c++11.  When I ran with configure.compiler=macports-clang-3.8 (which was perhaps the newest of what I had installed), it coped with that, but later got errors as shown in the attached log file.
>>
>> <main.log-poppler.txt.gz>
>
> See https://trac.macports.org/ticket/54249
>
> I guess poppler now requires C++11.
>
> The way to achieve that on system earlier than Mavericks is: https://trac.macports.org/wiki/LibcxxOnOlderSystems

A full reinstall being incredibly slow and tedious on an old box (with the network cranky just now, too - probably water-damaged cable connector somewhere outside), how can one identify the ports that use C++, so as to uninstall and reinstall just them?

Re: various errors building poppler on Snow Leopard

Ryan Schmidt-24

> On Jun 1, 2017, at 05:59, Richard L. Hamilton <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> On Jun 1, 2017, at 01:33, Ryan Schmidt <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>

>>> On May 31, 2017, at 18:24, Richard L. Hamilton <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> The default compiler didn't like the option -std=c++11.  When I ran with configure.compiler=macports-clang-3.8 (which was perhaps the newest of what I had installed), it coped with that, but later got errors as shown in the attached log file.
>>>
>>> <main.log-poppler.txt.gz>
>>
>> See https://trac.macports.org/ticket/54249
>>
>> I guess poppler now requires C++11.
>>
>> The way to achieve that on system earlier than Mavericks is: https://trac.macports.org/wiki/LibcxxOnOlderSystems
>>

> A full reinstall being incredibly slow and tedious on an old box (with the network cranky just now, too - probably water-damaged cable connector somewhere outside), how can one identify the ports that use C++, so as to uninstall and reinstall just them?

You could use "otool -L" to examine each Mach-O file to see if it links with libstdc++.

Re: various errors building poppler on Snow Leopard

Ken Cunningham Webuse
how can one identify the ports that use C++, so as to uninstall and reinstall just them?

Jeremy had a nice trick for this, which found them for me.

https://trac.macports.org/ticket/52468#comment:17