updating TeX Live

Henning Hraban Ramm
Hi, is there a possibility to update the MacPorts version of TeX Live 2020?

Usually you would use "tlmgr update --self --all".

There are fixes for several packages, and even the LuaTeX binary got a fix, I was told.

(I’m debugging at a customer’s LaTeX project, colleagues and build server have different versions of TeX Live 2020. I installed the MacPorts version because I needed it as a dependency anyway, but now I’d need an update, and I don’t dare to just overwrite anything in /opt/local/)

Best, Hraban

Re: updating TeX Live

On Feb 11, 2021, at 15:34, Henning Hraban Ramm wrote:

> Hi, is there a possibility to update the MacPorts version of TeX Live 2020?

MacPorts texlive was apparently updated to version 2020 in July of 2020:

https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/commit/73396594cf737f853b78c1c64c410a47450dfb06

Run:

sudo port selfupdate

to update MacPorts so that you have access to this version.

To request an update of a port, file a ticket in our issue tracker.

Re: updating TeX Live

On Thu, 11 Feb 2021 at 22:34, Henning Hraban Ramm wrote:

> Hi, is there a possibility to update the MacPorts version of TeX Live 2020?

It depends on whether you are willing to wait for TeX Live 2021, or
willing to volunteer to create devel subports yourself. See:
    https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/tree/master/tex

Otherwise ... not really.

> (I’m debugging at a customer’s LaTeX project, colleagues and build server have different versions of TeX Live 2020. I installed the MacPorts version because I needed it as a dependency anyway, but now I’d need an update, and I don’t dare to just overwrite anything in /opt/local/)

If you need the latest version, go for
http://www.tug.org/texlive/acquire-netinstall.html or MacTeX.

Re: updating TeX Live

Henning Hraban Ramm
Hi Mojca!

> Am 12.02.2021 um 02:37 schrieb Mojca Miklavec <[hidden email]>:
>
> On Thu, 11 Feb 2021 at 22:34, Henning Hraban Ramm wrote:
>>
>> Hi, is there a possibility to update the MacPorts version of TeX Live 2020?
>
> It depends on whether you are willing to wait for TeX Live 2021, or
> willing to volunteer to create devel subports yourself. See:
>    https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/tree/master/tex
>
> Otherwise ... not really.
Thanks, that’s what I feared, but expected.

>> (I’m debugging at a customer’s LaTeX project, colleagues and build server have different versions of TeX Live 2020. I installed the MacPorts version because I needed it as a dependency anyway, but now I’d need an update, and I don’t dare to just overwrite anything in /opt/local/)
>
> If you need the latest version, go for
> http://www.tug.org/texlive/acquire-netinstall.html or MacTeX.

Yes, of course.

(Seems there’s some bug in the TL2020 mac binary of luatex in combination with luaotfload that affects LaTeX’s draft mode.)

Hraban