tarball link when using python group

db

tarball link when using python group

db
I made a vanilla port for textfsm with pypi2port, but want to use the tarball from github.

curl will download https://codeload.github.com/google/textfsm/tar.gz/0.3.2 without the proper suffix.

How can I fix it? I tried fetch.type, but it seems for another use case.

Re: tarball link when using python group

Joshua Root-8
On 2017-7-10 07:08 , db wrote:
> I made a vanilla port for textfsm with pypi2port, but want to use the tarball from github.
>
> curl will download https://codeload.github.com/google/textfsm/tar.gz/0.3.2 without the proper suffix.
>
> How can I fix it? I tried fetch.type, but it seems for another use case.

Solution 1: Download from pypi instead.
<https://pypi.python.org/pypi/textfsm>

Solution 2: Use the github portgroup, which takes care of the
idiosyncrasies of fetching from github. It's fine to use at the same
time as the python portgroup, see e.g. py-alabaster.

- Josh
db

On 9 Jul 2017, at 23:29, Joshua Root <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Solution 2: Use the github portgroup, which takes care of the idiosyncrasies of fetching from github. It's fine to use at the same time as the python portgroup, see e.g. py-alabaster.

Thanks for the reference. I was missing setting name to py-module_name.