"Downgrading" a port - libtorrent

Marcus D'Camp
Hello everyone, I'll start by stating I'm newish to this list having
subscribed briefly in the past.  I've recently ran into a problem that I
haven't been able to figure out and decided to come to the lists to
possibly solve my problem.  Here it goes...

I have scripts in place to update macports and report outdated ports,
and in doing so when libtorrent switched to 0.11.7_0 from 0.11.4_0, I
happily updated without thinking about rtorrent and in turn have noticed a slight change in
behavior in the rtorrent/libtorrent duo.  I was wondering if there was a way
to "downgrade" to the previous port?  I notice that I still have a large
bit of data from the previous port.  Forgive my novice question, I've
tried to figure it out on my own to no avail.  I guess a follow-up
question is will rtorrent soon be updated as well?  Since the two go
together and are to be run according to version.  I'm very aware the
maintainers donate their time, and could be busy, I'm thankful for
what they do, just thought I would ask if anyone her knew.  Thanks in
advance!
--
Marcus D'Camp

Re: "Downgrading" a port - libtorrent

Randall Wood
Try the following:

sudo port deactivate libtorrent
sudo port activate libtorrent @0.11.7_0

On 21 Sep 2007, at 04:29, Marcus D'Camp wrote:

> Hello everyone, I'll start by stating I'm newish to this list having
> subscribed briefly in the past.  I've recently ran into a problem
> that I
> haven't been able to figure out and decided to come to the lists to
> possibly solve my problem.  Here it goes...
>
> I have scripts in place to update macports and report outdated ports,
> and in doing so when libtorrent switched to 0.11.7_0 from 0.11.4_0, I
> happily updated without thinking about rtorrent and in turn have
> noticed a slight change in
> behavior in the rtorrent/libtorrent duo.  I was wondering if there
> was a way
> to "downgrade" to the previous port?  I notice that I still have a
> large
> bit of data from the previous port.  Forgive my novice question, I've
> tried to figure it out on my own to no avail.  I guess a follow-up
> question is will rtorrent soon be updated as well?  Since the two go
> together and are to be run according to version.  I'm very aware the
> maintainers donate their time, and could be busy, I'm thankful for
> what they do, just thought I would ask if anyone her knew.  Thanks in
> advance!
> --
> Marcus D'Camp

Randall Wood
[hidden email]
http://shyramblings.blogspot.com

"The rules are simple: The ball is round. The game lasts 90 minutes.
All the
rest is just philosophy."

On 9/21/07, Randall Wood <[hidden email]> wrote:
Try the following:

sudo port deactivate libtorrent
sudo port activate libtorrent @0.11.7_0

(forgot to reply to all sorry for the repeat Randall)

Worked beautifully, thanks for you quick reply.  Now I'll just wait for
rtorrent to catch up.  Thanks again!
--
Marcus D'Camp