Quantcast

problem with qscintilla

Mac_Dude
First, let me observe that MacPorts 2.4 seems to be a really nice release: I got a whole lot of stuff installed on a "new" OS X 10.8.5 system with no issues at all. Kudos to all who made this happen.

I did run into a problem trying to install octave. One of its dependencies is qscintilla, and that one does not want to install. I am attaching the log file as I have not been able to figure out what is going wrong here. Tried installing scintilla by itself, no joy either.

If this turns out to be a fatal issue as far as scintilla is concerned, is there any way to build octave without it?

OS X 10.8.5, MacPorts 2.4,

Thanks for any help,

Uli

log.gzip (16K) Download Attachment

Re: problem with qscintilla

Ryan Schmidt-24

> On Feb 26, 2017, at 16:03, Uli Wienands <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> First, let me observe that MacPorts 2.4 seems to be a really nice release: I got a whole lot of stuff installed on a "new" OS X 10.8.5 system with no issues at all. Kudos to all who made this happen.
>
> I did run into a problem trying to install octave. One of its dependencies is qscintilla, and that one does not want to install. I am attaching the log file as I have not been able to figure out what is going wrong here. Tried installing scintilla by itself, no joy either.
>
> If this turns out to be a fatal issue as far as scintilla is concerned, is there any way to build octave without it?
>
> OS X 10.8.5, MacPorts 2.4,
>
> Thanks for any help,
>
> Uli

See https://trac.macports.org/ticket/53625

Re: problem with qscintilla

Mac_Dude
Thanks.

So it looks like I should compile scintilla with specific compiler flags? Within MacPorts I don't know how to do that, are there any pointers how to e.g. specify additional compiler flags?

Or am I hosed until this gets fixed somewhere upstream?

Uli

On Feb 26, 2017, at 4:32 PM, Ryan Schmidt <[hidden email]>
wrote:

>> On Feb 26, 2017, at 16:03, Uli Wienands <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> First, let me observe that MacPorts 2.4 seems to be a really nice release: I got a whole lot of stuff installed on a "new" OS X 10.8.5 system with no issues at all. Kudos to all who made this happen.
>>
>> I did run into a problem trying to install octave. One of its dependencies is qscintilla, and that one does not want to install. I am attaching the log file as I have not been able to figure out what is going wrong here. Tried installing scintilla by itself, no joy either.
>>
>> If this turns out to be a fatal issue as far as scintilla is concerned, is there any way to build octave without it?
>>
>> OS X 10.8.5, MacPorts 2.4,
>>
>> Thanks for any help,
>>
>> Uli
>
> See https://trac.macports.org/ticket/53625

Re: problem with qscintilla

Mojca Miklavec-2
On 26 February 2017 at 23:55, Uli Wienands wrote:
> Thanks.
>
> So it looks like I should compile scintilla with specific compiler flags? Within MacPorts I don't know how to do that, are there any pointers how to e.g. specify additional compiler flags?
>
> Or am I hosed until this gets fixed somewhere upstream?

If you don't mind wasting some more CPU cycles, then the more and more
relevant option is to reinstall MacPorts with libc++ enabled by
default:
    https://trac.macports.org/wiki/LibcxxOnOlderSystems
since more and more software is moving towards C++11.

Alternatively you can try to follow:
    https://trac.macports.org/ticket/53625#comment:11
which makes gnuplot compile, but the editor will most likely crash as
it did for me. I have no clue why the additional steps were needed for
changing library IDs.

Or you can create a local repository with an older version of
qscintilla that still compiles.