port upgrade outdated reports weird problems with deadline and poplar

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

port upgrade outdated reports weird problems with deadline and poplar

list_email
I just ran port selfupdate after several months and experienced the following oddities.


* readline was reported as disabled:

$ sudo port selfupdate
Password:
--->  Updating MacPorts base sources using rsync
MacPorts base version 2.4.0 installed,
MacPorts base version 2.4.1 downloaded.
--->  Updating the ports tree
--->  MacPorts base is outdated, installing new version 2.4.1
Warning: Disabling readline support due to readline in /usr/local

There is no readline directory in /usr/local.


* I next ran $ sudo port upgrade outdated which resulted in:

--->  Computing dependencies for poppler
--->  Fetching archive for poppler
--->  Attempting to fetch poppler-0.56.0_0.darwin_15.x86_64.tbz2 from https://packages.macports.org/poppler
--->  Attempting to fetch poppler-0.56.0_0.darwin_15.x86_64.tbz2 from http://sea.us.packages.macports.org/macports/packages/poppler
--->  Attempting to fetch poppler-0.56.0_0.darwin_15.x86_64.tbz2 from http://kmq.jp.packages.macports.org/poppler
--->  Fetching distfiles for poppler
--->  Attempting to fetch poppler-0.56.0.tar.xz from https://distfiles.macports.org/poppler
--->  Verifying checksums for poppler
--->  Extracting poppler
--->  Configuring poppler
Error: Failed to configure poppler, consult /opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_graphics_poppler/poppler/work/poppler-0.56.0/config.log
Error: Failed to configure poppler: configure failure: command execution failed
Error: See /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_graphics_poppler/poppler/main.log for details.

The referenced log file is attached. It mentions a problem loading libreadline as such (thus the mention of readline above):

:info:configure dyld: Library not loaded: /opt/local/lib/libreadline.6.dylib


* However, after the problem was reported:

$ port installed readline
The following ports are currently installed:
  readline @6.3.003_1
  readline @7.0.003_1 (active)

and

$ port installed poppler
The following ports are currently installed:
  poppler @0.48.0_0 (active)


I notice that the version of readline that poppler requested is 6 while macports reports that version 7 is active. Also, the indicated version of the installed poppler is 0.48.0_0 while the current version is apparently 0.56.0.

Jerry


main.log (27K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: port upgrade outdated reports weird problems with deadline and poplar

Rainer Müller-4
On 08/05/2017 12:25 AM, [hidden email] wrote:

> * readline was reported as disabled:
>
> $ sudo port selfupdate
> Password:
> --->  Updating MacPorts base sources using rsync
> MacPorts base version 2.4.0 installed,
> MacPorts base version 2.4.1 downloaded.
> --->  Updating the ports tree
> --->  MacPorts base is outdated, installing new version 2.4.1
> Warning: Disabling readline support due to readline in /usr/local
>
> There is no readline directory in /usr/local.

This is just about base itself. The interactive port(1) command will not use
readline. It has nothing to do with ports you install.

> * I next ran $ sudo port upgrade outdated which resulted in:
>
> --->  Computing dependencies for poppler
> --->  Fetching archive for poppler
> --->  Attempting to fetch poppler-0.56.0_0.darwin_15.x86_64.tbz2 from https://packages.macports.org/poppler
> --->  Attempting to fetch poppler-0.56.0_0.darwin_15.x86_64.tbz2 from http://sea.us.packages.macports.org/macports/packages/poppler
> --->  Attempting to fetch poppler-0.56.0_0.darwin_15.x86_64.tbz2 from http://kmq.jp.packages.macports.org/poppler
> --->  Fetching distfiles for poppler
> --->  Attempting to fetch poppler-0.56.0.tar.xz from https://distfiles.macports.org/poppler
> --->  Verifying checksums for poppler
> --->  Extracting poppler
> --->  Configuring poppler
> Error: Failed to configure poppler, consult /opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_graphics_poppler/poppler/work/poppler-0.56.0/config.log
> Error: Failed to configure poppler: configure failure: command execution failed
> Error: See /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_graphics_poppler/poppler/main.log for details.
>
> The referenced log file is attached. It mentions a problem loading libreadline as such (thus the mention of readline above):
>
> :info:configure dyld: Library not loaded: /opt/local/lib/libreadline.6.dylib

The problem is caused by /opt/local/bin/gawk, which is still linked against the
old libreadline. However, gawk is not in the dependency chain, but just picked
up opportunistically by the configure script.

The solution is to upgrade gawk first. Run the following port command to check
your MacPorts installation for linking problems and then fix them. This should
upgrade or rebuild gawk.
  $ sudo port rev-upgrade

If that does not help at all for some reason, force a manual upgrade/rebuild of
this particular port:
  $ sudo port -ns upgrade --force gawk

Afterwards you should be able to upgrade the outdated ports as usual.

Rainer
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: port upgrade outdated reports weird problems with deadline and poplar

Ryan Schmidt-24
In reply to this post by list_email

On Aug 4, 2017, at 17:25, Jerry wrote:

> I just ran port selfupdate after several months and experienced the following oddities.
>
>
> * readline was reported as disabled:
>
> $ sudo port selfupdate
> Password:
> --->  Updating MacPorts base sources using rsync
> MacPorts base version 2.4.0 installed,
> MacPorts base version 2.4.1 downloaded.
> --->  Updating the ports tree
> --->  MacPorts base is outdated, installing new version 2.4.1
> Warning: Disabling readline support due to readline in /usr/local
>
> There is no readline directory in /usr/local.

It didn't say "readline directory"; it said "readline", meaning the readline libraries libreadline or libhistory were found in /usr/local/lib and/or the readline headers were found in /usr/local/include/readline. This is not supported. See:

https://trac.macports.org/wiki/FAQ#usrlocal


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: port upgrade outdated reports weird problems with deadline and poplar

Richard L. Hamilton-3
Some notes of mine on /usr/local:  I can't avoid /usr/local entirely, since VirtualBox and Parallels install their command line tools there.  But I can move /usr/local out of the way, for the duration of MacPorts builds, as necessary.  More precisely, with System Integrity Protection turned off, I moved /usr/local elsewhere (not in /usr, which is mostly protected), and replaced it with a symlink to the new location.  That way, I can rename what the symlink points to, without necessarily needing to leave SIP turned off.  I also put certain items that need to always be available at the same path, in another subdirectory of the directory containing /usr/local; specifically, a PAM module, a recompile of linux pam_ssh_agent_auth, which once configured, allows su or sudo without password if one could e.g. ssh root@localhost with keys; the catch being if it's not in one of the usual locations (possibly including /usr/local/lib, I'm not sure), the module has to appear in the PAM configuration file using a full pathname.

> On Aug 4, 2017, at 20:16, Ryan Schmidt <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>
> On Aug 4, 2017, at 17:25, Jerry wrote:
>
>> I just ran port selfupdate after several months and experienced the following oddities.
>>
>>
>> * readline was reported as disabled:
>>
>> $ sudo port selfupdate
>> Password:
>> --->  Updating MacPorts base sources using rsync
>> MacPorts base version 2.4.0 installed,
>> MacPorts base version 2.4.1 downloaded.
>> --->  Updating the ports tree
>> --->  MacPorts base is outdated, installing new version 2.4.1
>> Warning: Disabling readline support due to readline in /usr/local
>>
>> There is no readline directory in /usr/local.
>
> It didn't say "readline directory"; it said "readline", meaning the readline libraries libreadline or libhistory were found in /usr/local/lib and/or the readline headers were found in /usr/local/include/readline. This is not supported. See:
>
> https://trac.macports.org/wiki/FAQ#usrlocal
>
>


signature.asc (859 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: port upgrade outdated reports weird problems with deadline and poplar

Ryan Schmidt-24

> On Aug 4, 2017, at 20:36, Richard L. Hamilton <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Some notes of mine on /usr/local:  I can't avoid /usr/local entirely, since VirtualBox and Parallels install their command line tools there.

Those probably won't cause problems for MacPorts.

> But I can move /usr/local out of the way, for the duration of MacPorts builds, as necessary.  More precisely, with System Integrity Protection turned off, I moved /usr/local elsewhere (not in /usr, which is mostly protected), and replaced it with a symlink to the new location.  That way, I can rename what the symlink points to, without necessarily needing to leave SIP turned off.

Grumble... I didn't realize SIP would prevent renaming /usr/local. That's inconvenient.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: port upgrade outdated reports weird problems with deadline and poplar

Richard L. Hamilton-3

> On Aug 6, 2017, at 14:59, Ryan Schmidt <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>
>> On Aug 4, 2017, at 20:36, Richard L. Hamilton <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Some notes of mine on /usr/local:  I can't avoid /usr/local entirely, since VirtualBox and Parallels install their command line tools there.
>
> Those probably won't cause problems for MacPorts.
>
>> But I can move /usr/local out of the way, for the duration of MacPorts builds, as necessary.  More precisely, with System Integrity Protection turned off, I moved /usr/local elsewhere (not in /usr, which is mostly protected), and replaced it with a symlink to the new location.  That way, I can rename what the symlink points to, without necessarily needing to leave SIP turned off.
>
> Grumble... I didn't realize SIP would prevent renaming /usr/local. That's inconvenient.
>

sh-3.2$ ls -ldO /usr
drwxr-xr-x@ 16 root  wheel  restricted,hidden 544 May  4 09:08 /usr

The "restricted" flag indicates a file or directory is protected by SIP, AFAIK.

Also, in /System/Library/Sandbox/rootless.conf, there are (among others) the lines:
                                /usr
*                               /usr/libexec/cups
*                               /usr/local
*                               /usr/share/man
*                               /usr/share/snmp

where the lines not preceded by an asterisk are protected, and the lines that are preceded by an asterisk are exceptions to that protection.  Perhaps one could rename /usr/local out of /usr altogether, and then back; I never tried that with CSR enabled.  But I doubt one could e.g..  mv /usr/local /usr/local.hold


signature.asc (859 bytes) Download Attachment
Loading...