port selfupdate / port reclaim

Mark Bestley-5
I just ran sudo port selfupdate and got this

sudo port selfupdate
Password:
--->  Updating MacPorts base sources using rsync
MacPorts base version 2.4.0 installed,
MacPorts base version 2.4.0 downloaded.
--->  Updating the ports tree
--->  MacPorts base is already the latest version

The ports tree has been updated. To upgrade your installed ports, you
should run
   port upgrade outdated
You haven't run 'sudo port reclaim' in two weeks. It's recommended you
run this regularly to reclaim disk space. Would you like to run it now?
[Y/n]: Y
Error: reclaim failed: wrong # args: should be "macports::reclaim_main opts"

How do I fix this and what parts have not run?

Mark

Re: port selfupdate / port reclaim

Aljaž Srebrnič-2
> On 19 feb 2017, at 11:16, Mark Bestley <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I just ran sudo port selfupdate and got this
>
> sudo port selfupdate
> Password:
> --->  Updating MacPorts base sources using rsync
> MacPorts base version 2.4.0 installed,
> MacPorts base version 2.4.0 downloaded.
> --->  Updating the ports tree
> --->  MacPorts base is already the latest version
>
> The ports tree has been updated. To upgrade your installed ports, you should run
>  port upgrade outdated
> You haven't run 'sudo port reclaim' in two weeks. It's recommended you run this regularly to reclaim disk space. Would you like to run it now? [Y/n]: Y
> Error: reclaim failed: wrong # args: should be "macports::reclaim_main opts"
>
> How do I fix this and what parts have not run?

Hmm.. that’s weird, do we have a ticket for that?
It’s not a big bug, just `port reclaim` has failed to run. You can run it again manually by executing `sudo port reclaim`. Reclaim will delete outdated port archives and unused source tarballs.

--
Aljaž Srebrnič a.k.a g5pw
My public key:  https://g5pw.me/key

Re: port selfupdate / port reclaim

Mojca Miklavec-2
On 25 February 2017 at 19:55, Aljaž Srebrnič wrote:
>> On 19 feb 2017, at 11:16, Mark Bestley wrote:
>>
>> You haven't run 'sudo port reclaim' in two weeks. It's recommended you run this regularly to reclaim disk space. Would you like to run it now? [Y/n]: Y
>> Error: reclaim failed: wrong # args: should be "macports::reclaim_main opts"
>>
>> How do I fix this and what parts have not run?
>

> Hmm.. that’s weird, do we have a ticket for that?

This was fixed in the new release of macports.

Re: port selfupdate / port reclaim

Dave Horsfall
On Sat, 25 Feb 2017, Aljaž Srebrnič wrote:

> It’s not a big bug, just `port reclaim` has failed to run. You can run
> it again manually by executing `sudo port reclaim`. Reclaim will delete
> outdated port archives and unused source tarballs.

Hmmm...  It noted that this is the first time that I've ever run it, and
offered to remind me every two weeks.  What other secrets are lurking
behind "port"?

Dave Horsfall DTM (VK2KFU)  "Those who don't understand security will suffer."

Re: port selfupdate / port reclaim

Al Varnell
Not much of a secret, actually. It's the first item listed in the Change Log under 2.4
<https://github.com/macports/macports-base/blob/release-2.4/ChangeLog>. You will find several other "secrets" there.

Sent from Janet's iPad

-Al-

On Sun, 26 Feb 2017, Al Varnell wrote:

> Not much of a secret, actually. It's the first item listed in the Change
> Log under 2.4
> <https://github.com/macports/macports-base/blob/release-2.4/ChangeLog>.
> You will find several other "secrets" there.

Thanks.

--
Dave Horsfall DTM (VK2KFU)  "Those who don't understand security will suffer."