port install pear-TCPDF fails with checksum error

port install pear-TCPDF fails with checksum error

macports-2
Hi Ports,

port install pear-TCPDF fails with checksum error

i have read https://trac.macports.org/wiki/MisbehavingServers and i am sure my isp's dns server is not misbehaving.

i have searched trac, no match found.

so i tried again:

# port selfupdate
--->  Updating MacPorts base sources using rsync
MacPorts base version 2.4.1 installed,
MacPorts base version 2.4.1 downloaded.
--->  Updating the ports tree

# port clean -f --dist pear-TCPDF
--->  Cleaning pear-TCPDF

# port install pear-tcpdf 2>&1 | tee /bla
--->  Computing dependencies for pear-TCPDF
--->  Fetching archive for pear-TCPDF
--->  Attempting to fetch pear-TCPDF-5.9.074_0.darwin_15.noarch.tbz2 from https://packages.macports.org/pear-TCPDF
--->  Attempting to fetch pear-TCPDF-5.9.074_0.darwin_15.noarch.tbz2 from http://lil.fr.packages.macports.org/pear-TCPDF
--->  Attempting to fetch pear-TCPDF-5.9.074_0.darwin_15.noarch.tbz2 from http://nue.de.packages.macports.org/pear-TCPDF
--->  Fetching distfiles for pear-TCPDF
--->  Attempting to fetch TCPDF-5.9.074.tgz from https://distfiles.macports.org/pear
--->  Attempting to fetch TCPDF-5.9.074.tgz from http://lil.fr.distfiles.macports.org/pear
--->  Attempting to fetch TCPDF-5.9.074.tgz from http://nue.de.distfiles.macports.org/pear
--->  Attempting to fetch TCPDF-5.9.074.tgz from http://mse.uk.distfiles.macports.org/sites/distfiles.macports.org/pear
--->  Attempting to fetch TCPDF-5.9.074.tgz from http://osl.no.distfiles.macports.org/pear
--->  Attempting to fetch TCPDF-5.9.074.tgz from http://fco.it.distfiles.macports.org/mirrors/macports-distfiles/pear
--->  Attempting to fetch TCPDF-5.9.074.tgz from http://pearhub.org/get
--->  Verifying checksums for pear-TCPDF
Error: Checksum (rmd160) mismatch for TCPDF-5.9.074.tgz
Error: Checksum (sha256) mismatch for TCPDF-5.9.074.tgz
***
The non-matching file appears to be HTML. See this page for possible reasons
for the checksum mismatch:
***
The file has been moved to: /opt/local/var/macports/distfiles/pear/TCPDF-5.9.074.tgz.html
Error: Failed to checksum pear-TCPDF: Unable to verify file checksums
Error: See /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_php_pear-TCPDF/pear-TCPDF/main.log for details.
Error: Follow https://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets to report a bug.
Error: Processing of port pear-tcpdf failed

what should i do now?

thanks.

Re: port install pear-TCPDF fails with checksum error

Joshua Root-8
> Hi Ports,
>
> port install pear-TCPDF fails with checksum error
>
> i have read https://trac.macports.org/wiki/MisbehavingServers and i am sure my isp's dns server is not misbehaving.
>
> i have read https://trac.macports.org/wiki/FAQ#checksums.
>
> i have searched trac, no match found.
>
> so i tried again:
>
> # port selfupdate
> --->  Updating MacPorts base sources using rsync
> MacPorts base version 2.4.1 installed,
> MacPorts base version 2.4.1 downloaded.
> --->  Updating the ports tree
>
> # port clean -f --dist pear-TCPDF
> --->  Cleaning pear-TCPDF
>
> # port install pear-tcpdf 2>&1 | tee /bla
> --->  Computing dependencies for pear-TCPDF
> --->  Fetching archive for pear-TCPDF
> --->  Attempting to fetch pear-TCPDF-5.9.074_0.darwin_15.noarch.tbz2 from https://packages.macports.org/pear-TCPDF
> --->  Attempting to fetch pear-TCPDF-5.9.074_0.darwin_15.noarch.tbz2 from http://lil.fr.packages.macports.org/pear-TCPDF
> --->  Attempting to fetch pear-TCPDF-5.9.074_0.darwin_15.noarch.tbz2 from http://nue.de.packages.macports.org/pear-TCPDF
> --->  Fetching distfiles for pear-TCPDF
> --->  Attempting to fetch TCPDF-5.9.074.tgz from https://distfiles.macports.org/pear
> --->  Attempting to fetch TCPDF-5.9.074.tgz from http://lil.fr.distfiles.macports.org/pear
> --->  Attempting to fetch TCPDF-5.9.074.tgz from http://nue.de.distfiles.macports.org/pear
> --->  Attempting to fetch TCPDF-5.9.074.tgz from http://mse.uk.distfiles.macports.org/sites/distfiles.macports.org/pear
> --->  Attempting to fetch TCPDF-5.9.074.tgz from http://osl.no.distfiles.macports.org/pear
> --->  Attempting to fetch TCPDF-5.9.074.tgz from http://fco.it.distfiles.macports.org/mirrors/macports-distfiles/pear
> --->  Attempting to fetch TCPDF-5.9.074.tgz from http://pearhub.org/get
> --->  Verifying checksums for pear-TCPDF
> Error: Checksum (rmd160) mismatch for TCPDF-5.9.074.tgz
> Error: Checksum (sha256) mismatch for TCPDF-5.9.074.tgz
> ***
> The non-matching file appears to be HTML. See this page for possible reasons
> for the checksum mismatch:
> <https://trac.macports.org/wiki/MisbehavingServers>
> ***
> The file has been moved to: /opt/local/var/macports/distfiles/pear/TCPDF-5.9.074.tgz.html
> Error: Failed to checksum pear-TCPDF: Unable to verify file checksums
> Error: See /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_php_pear-TCPDF/pear-TCPDF/main.log for details.
> Error: Follow https://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets to report a bug.
> Error: Processing of port pear-tcpdf failed
>

> what should i do now?
>
> thanks.

Generally you should look at the contents of the HTML file to figure out
what generated it instead of the correct file and why. In this case I
would guess it's the fourth possibility listed on the MisbehavingServers
page, "The download site no longer has the file, and does not indicate
this with the correct response code."

- Josh

Re: port install pear-TCPDF fails with checksum error

Ryan Schmidt-24

On Jun 27, 2017, at 00:42, Joshua Root wrote:

> [...]
>> The file has been moved to: /opt/local/var/macports/distfiles/pear/TCPDF-5.9.074.tgz.html
>> Error: Failed to checksum pear-TCPDF: Unable to verify file checksums
>> Error: See /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_php_pear-TCPDF/pear-TCPDF/main.log for details.
>> Error: Follow https://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets to report a bug.
>> Error: Processing of port pear-tcpdf failed
>> what should i do now?
>> thanks.
>
> Generally you should look at the contents of the HTML file to figure out what generated it instead of the correct file and why. In this case I would guess it's the fourth possibility listed on the MisbehavingServers page, "The download site no longer has the file, and does not indicate this with the correct response code."

The pearhub.org domain name appears to have been replaced with spam. The URLs I tried just redirect to random ads.

The port should be updated to the latest version, which might be this:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/tcpdf/

On 2017-6-28 09:29 , [hidden email] wrote:

>> On 27 Jun 2017, at 07:42, Joshua Root <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Generally you should look at the contents of the HTML file to figure out what generated it instead of the correct file and why. In this case I would guess it's the fourth possibility listed on the MisbehavingServers page, "The download site no longer has the file, and does not indicate this with the correct response code."
>>
>> - Josh
>
> indeed.
>
> all sources for TCPDF-5.9.074.tgz are a HTML file pointing to peazhub.org and that domain is For Sale.
>
> the author Nicola Asuni - Tecnick.com LTD - www.tecnick.com - [hidden email] has a download for version 6.2.13 available at his own site https://github.com/tecnickcom/TCPDF.git
>
> i know how to create a local port file for a modified installation.
> but the current portfile has as contents:
> ---
> # -*- coding: utf-8; mode: tcl; tab-width: 4; indent-tabs-mode: nil; c-basic-offset: 4 -*- vim:fenc=utf-8:ft=tcl:et:sw=4:ts=4:sts=4
>
> PortSystem          1.0
> PortGroup           pear 1.0
>
> pear.setup          TCPDF 5.9.074 pearhub.org
> categories-append   net www
> platforms           darwin
> maintainers         nomaintainer
>
> description         PEAR TCPDF package
> long_description    ${description}
>
> checksums           rmd160  f614fa5128251b414c26607f86e2d68698b7eb9f \
>                      sha256  00e6dc9acd8e9f729bc5bd51db75b71dc65c65788a209f84d9bce1aa83aa7d5e
> ---
> and i dont know what 'pear.setup' should do.
>
> do you have any suggestions?
>
> thanks.

(Keeping replies on the list.)

The version on GitHub doesn't appear to be available as a PEAR package,
so the pear portgroup probably won't help much anyway. So I would guess
pear-TCPDF should be deleted and a new port should be created named
TCPDF or perhaps php-TCPDF, which would install in whatever way is
usual. (I don't know much about PHP packaging, sorry.)

- Josh