port-depgraph warning

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
db
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

port-depgraph warning

db
Without arguments shows this warning

$ port-depgraph
Warning: It looks like your PortIndex file for file:///opt/local/myports may be corrupt.
Warning: It looks like your PortIndex file for file:///opt/local/var/macports/sources/github.com/macports/macports-ports/ may be corrupt.
Error: <stdin>: syntax error in line 1 near 'Warning'
db
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: port-depgraph warning

db
On 11 Apr 2017, at 22:36, db <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Without arguments shows this warning
>
> $ port-depgraph
> Warning: It looks like your PortIndex file for file:///opt/local/myports may be corrupt.
> Warning: It looks like your PortIndex file for file:///opt/local/var/macports/sources/github.com/macports/macports-ports/ may be corrupt.
> Error: <stdin>: syntax error in line 1 near 'Warning'

I realised that I have port-depgraph aliased, so running it without args throws that warning.

alias port-depgraph=' _() { port-depgraph "$1" | dot -T png -o "$1"_depgraph.png ; } ; _ '
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: port-depgraph warning

Rainer Müller-4
On 2017-04-12 16:02, db wrote:

> On 11 Apr 2017, at 22:36, db <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Without arguments shows this warning
>>
>> $ port-depgraph
>> Warning: It looks like your PortIndex file for file:///opt/local/myports may be corrupt.
>> Warning: It looks like your PortIndex file for file:///opt/local/var/macports/sources/github.com/macports/macports-ports/ may be corrupt.
>> Error: <stdin>: syntax error in line 1 near 'Warning'
>
> I realised that I have port-depgraph aliased, so running it without args throws that warning.
>
> alias port-depgraph=' _() { port-depgraph "$1" | dot -T png -o "$1"_depgraph.png ; } ; _ '

You are effectively running it with an empty argument, which is not a valid port name:
  $ port-depgraph ""

That could indeed be handled more graceful. The source can be found here after the move to GitHub:
https://github.com/macports/macports-contrib/tree/master/port-depgraph

Rainer
db
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: port-depgraph warning

db
On 13 Apr 2017, at 17:38, Rainer Müller <[hidden email]> wrote:
> You are effectively running it with an empty argument, which is not a valid port name:
>  $ port-depgraph ""
> That could indeed be handled more graceful. The source can be found here after the move to GitHub:
> https://github.com/macports/macports-contrib/tree/master/port-depgraph

I also noticed the svn url in the portfile.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: port-depgraph warning

Ryan Schmidt-24

> On Apr 13, 2017, at 16:38, db <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On 13 Apr 2017, at 17:38, Rainer Müller <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> You are effectively running it with an empty argument, which is not a valid port name:
>> $ port-depgraph ""
>> That could indeed be handled more graceful. The source can be found here after the move to GitHub:
>> https://github.com/macports/macports-contrib/tree/master/port-depgraph
>
> I also noticed the svn url in the portfile.

Sure. That's still valid. There haven't been any changes in port-depgraph since we moved to GitHub so there's no particular advantage to switching the portfile to GitHub yet.

db
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: port-depgraph warning

db
On 14 Apr 2017, at 01:59, Ryan Schmidt <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Sure. That's still valid. There haven't been any changes in port-depgraph since we moved to GitHub so there's no particular advantage to switching the portfile to GitHub yet.

I think the tcl script should be in base, the python script might be a separate port. Latter produces spatially more balanced graphs, sometimes.
Loading...