Quantcast

notes repeatedly showing in port session

db

notes repeatedly showing in port session

db
After installing a port with notes, these show after every command during the same shell mode session on port 2.4.1. Is there any way to disable this great feature?

Re: notes repeatedly showing in port session

Ryan Schmidt-24

> On Apr 11, 2017, at 13:18, db <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> After installing a port with notes, these show after every command during the same shell mode session on port 2.4.1. Is there any way to disable this great feature?

That sounds like a bug. We probably didn't test the change with shell mode.

db

#53967, I hope I filed it correctly.
db

That was quickly fixed. Should it be fine if I replace the binary, right?

Re: notes repeatedly showing in port session

Ryan Schmidt-24

> On Apr 12, 2017, at 09:01, db <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On 12 Apr 2017, at 11:02, db <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> On 12 Apr 2017, at 01:19, Ryan Schmidt <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> That sounds like a bug. We probably didn't test the change with shell mode.
>> #53967, I hope I filed it correctly.
>
> That was quickly fixed. Should it be fine if I replace the binary, right?

If you want to get this fix right now, before the next version of MacPorts is released, the official way would be to check out the master of the repository and build the whole thing from source.

db

On 12 Apr 2017, at 16:21, Ryan Schmidt <[hidden email]> wrote:
> If you want to get this fix right now, before the next version of MacPorts is released, the official way would be to check out the master of the repository and build the whole thing from source.

Oh well…from what I gathered in history, last fixes shouldn't hinder port.tcl from working correctly, so I just renamed it as a backup in place and use the last one from GH. The notes bug was driving me nuts.