(no subject)

Chris Brichford
Hi,

We just put out our first public version of Apollo, which is using WebKit.  You can check out our version of WebKit at http://opensource.adobe.com:8080/@md=d&cd=//webkit/M3/&c=2oh@//webkit/M3/WebKit/?ac=83.  For information on how to get the tree on your local machine see: http://opensource.adobe.com/wiki/index.php/Using_Perforce_with_the_Adobe_Source_Libraries

We are using version of WebKit that was top of tree around September 11, 2006.  We did not attempt to get our changes into the svn repository at WebKit.org because we are so far out of date.  We are now working on getting our version of WebKit updated to top of tree WebKit.  We plan, in future, to submit our changes directly back to the WebKit svn repository.

Integrating WebKit with Apollo uncovered some technical issues that I'll be posting about in the next day or so.  I'm interested in getting your feedback to our proposed solutions to these issues.

We are really happy to be using WebKit and we'd like to thank all of those who helped us out over email and IRC.

Chris Brichford
Adobe Systems Inc.
http://www.adobe.com/go/apollo

Re: Apollo

Maciej Stachowiak

Hi Chris,

On Mar 20, 2007, at 1:38 PM, Chris Brichford wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We just put out our first public version of Apollo, which is using
> WebKit.  You can check out our version of WebKit at http://
> opensource.adobe.com:8080/@md=d&cd=//webkit/M3/&c=2oh@//webkit/M3/
> WebKit/?ac=83.  For information on how to get the tree on your
> local machine see: http://opensource.adobe.com/wiki/index.php/
> Using_Perforce_with_the_Adobe_Source_Libraries

I'm glad to hear you have posted the sources. Do you guys have any
kind of record of what changes you made? It's hard to tell from the
uploaded sources, which have no ChangeLog entries or revision history.

Or do you perhaps have a downloadable tarball and a specific public
SVN revision number we could diff against?

Regards,
Maciej

Re: (no subject)

Mark Rowe-4
Hi Chris,

The instructions at <http://opensource.adobe.com/wiki/index.php/Using_Perforce_with_the_Adobe_Source_Libraries
 > do not appear to work for getting a copy of the WebKit tree.  The
instructions there seem to deal with 3 paths within the repository
-- //media, //release, and //submission.  Attempting to use the p4
command-line client to access //webkit/M3/WebKit results in a strange
error message: "Error in client specification. Mapping '//webkit/...'
is not under '//media/...'".  I'm a complete newbie when it comes to
Perforce, so perhaps I'm doing something silly.

Thanks,

Mark Rowe

On 21/03/2007, at 7:38 AM, Chris Brichford wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We just put out our first public version of Apollo, which is using
> WebKit.  You can check out our version of WebKit at http://opensource.adobe.com:8080/@md=d&cd=//webkit/M3/&c=2oh@//webkit/M3/WebKit/?ac=83
> .  For information on how to get the tree on your local machine see: http://opensource.adobe.com/wiki/index.php/Using_Perforce_with_the_Adobe_Source_Libraries
>
> We are using version of WebKit that was top of tree around September
> 11, 2006.  We did not attempt to get our changes into the svn
> repository at WebKit.org because we are so far out of date.  We are
> now working on getting our version of WebKit updated to top of tree
> WebKit.  We plan, in future, to submit our changes directly back to
> the WebKit svn repository.
>
> Integrating WebKit with Apollo uncovered some technical issues that
> I'll be posting about in the next day or so.  I'm interested in
> getting your feedback to our proposed solutions to these issues.
>
> We are really happy to be using WebKit and we'd like to thank all of
> those who helped us out over email and IRC.
>
> Chris Brichford
> Adobe Systems Inc.
> http://www.adobe.com/go/apollo

RE: (no subject)

Chris Brichford

You want your client spec to look something like this:

 # A Perforce Client Specification.

 Client: username-somename-somemachine

 Owner: username

 Created by username.

 Root: /Users/username/p4/somename

 LineEnd: local

   //webkit/M3/... //username-somename-somemachine/webkit/...

You can edit your client spec by running:
p4 -u username -p opensource.adobe.com:10666 -P yourpassword client username-somename-somemachine

After editing your client spec, run:
p4 -u username -p opensource.adobe.com:10666 -P yourpassword -c username-somename-somemachine sync

Hope this helps,
Chris

 > do not appear to work for getting a copy of the WebKit tree.  The instructions there seem to deal with 3 paths within the repository
-- //media, //release, and //submission.  Attempting to use the p4 command-line client to access //webkit/M3/WebKit results in a strange error message: "Error in client specification. Mapping '//webkit/...'
is not under '//media/...'".  I'm a complete newbie when it comes to Perforce, so perhaps I'm doing something silly.

Thanks,

Mark Rowe

On 21/03/2007, at 7:38 AM, Chris Brichford wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We just put out our first public version of Apollo, which is using
> WebKit.  You can check out our version of WebKit at
> http://opensource.adobe.com:8080/@md=d&cd=//webkit/M3/&c=2oh@//webkit/
> M3/WebKit/?ac=83 .  For information on how to get the tree on your
> local machine see:
> http://opensource.adobe.com/wiki/index.php/Using_Perforce_with_the_Ado
> be_Source_Libraries
>
> We are using version of WebKit that was top of tree around September
> 11, 2006.  We did not attempt to get our changes into the svn
> repository at WebKit.org because we are so far out of date.  We are
> now working on getting our version of WebKit updated to top of tree
> WebKit.  We plan, in future, to submit our changes directly back to
> the WebKit svn repository.
>
> Integrating WebKit with Apollo uncovered some technical issues that
> I'll be posting about in the next day or so.  I'm interested in
> getting your feedback to our proposed solutions to these issues.
>
> We are really happy to be using WebKit and we'd like to thank all of
> those who helped us out over email and IRC.
>
> Chris Brichford
> Adobe Systems Inc.
> http://www.adobe.com/go/apollo

Re: (no subject)

Mark Rowe-4
Chris,

My client spec contains:
//webkit/M3/... //atlas/webkit/...

I'm still seeing the error that I mentioned.  Perhaps the "guest" user
doesn't have permission to access this portion of the repository?  The
error message isn't particularly clear about whatever the problem is.

Thanks,

Mark

On 21/03/2007, at 9:52 AM, Chris Brichford wrote:

> You want your client spec to look something like this:
>
> # A Perforce Client Specification.
>
> Client:    username-somename-somemachine
>
> Owner:    username

> Created by username.
>
> Root:    /Users/username/p4/somename

> LineEnd:    local

>   //webkit/M3/... //username-somename-somemachine/webkit/...
>
> You can edit your client spec by running:
> p4 -u username -p opensource.adobe.com:10666 -P yourpassword client
> username-somename-somemachine
>
> After editing your client spec, run:
> p4 -u username -p opensource.adobe.com:10666 -P yourpassword -c
> username-somename-somemachine sync
>
> Hope this helps,
> Chris

RE: (no subject)

Chris Brichford
Try again, I updated your client spec.  It did not appear to contain what you thought it did.

To see what your client spec is you can run:
p4 -u guest -p opensource.adobe.com:10666 client -o atlas

Chris

I'm still seeing the error that I mentioned.  Perhaps the "guest" user doesn't have permission to access this portion of the repository?  The error message isn't particularly clear about whatever the problem is.

Thanks,

Mark

On 21/03/2007, at 9:52 AM, Chris Brichford wrote:

> You want your client spec to look something like this:
>
> # A Perforce Client Specification.
>
> Client:    username-somename-somemachine
>
> Owner:    username

> Created by username.
>
> Root:    /Users/username/p4/somename

> LineEnd:    local

>   //webkit/M3/... //username-somename-somemachine/webkit/...
>
> You can edit your client spec by running:
> p4 -u username -p opensource.adobe.com:10666 -P yourpassword client
> username-somename-somemachine
>
> After editing your client spec, run:
> p4 -u username -p opensource.adobe.com:10666 -P yourpassword -c
> username-somename-somemachine sync
>
> Hope this helps,
> Chris

RE: Perforce

Chris Brichford
Permission issue on our end.  Should be fixed now.  I was able to sync everything using the guest account.  Sorry for the confusion and all the messages with "(no subject)".

Chris

I'm still seeing the error that I mentioned.  Perhaps the "guest" user doesn't have permission to access this portion of the repository?  The error message isn't particularly clear about whatever the problem is.

Thanks,

Mark

On 21/03/2007, at 9:52 AM, Chris Brichford wrote:

> You want your client spec to look something like this:
>
> # A Perforce Client Specification.
>
> Client:    username-somename-somemachine
>
> Owner:    username

> Created by username.
>
> Root:    /Users/username/p4/somename

> LineEnd:    local

>   //webkit/M3/... //username-somename-somemachine/webkit/...
>
> You can edit your client spec by running:
> p4 -u username -p opensource.adobe.com:10666 -P yourpassword client
> username-somename-somemachine
>
> After editing your client spec, run:
> p4 -u username -p opensource.adobe.com:10666 -P yourpassword -c
> username-somename-somemachine sync
>
> Hope this helps,
> Chris

Re: Perforce