mp stats by category

Jean-François Caron-2
I was curious about the most-popular game installation from MacPorts, but the public website with the stats is pretty minimal: https://ports.macports.org/statistics/ports/

Is there a way to access the underlying database, issue an SQL query or something?

Jean-François

Re: mp stats by category

Clemens Lang-2
Hi,

On Sat, Feb 06, 2021 at 11:30:00PM -0500, Jean-François Caron wrote:
> I was curious about the most-popular game installation from MacPorts,
> but the public website with the stats is pretty minimal:
> https://ports.macports.org/statistics/ports/
>
> Is there a way to access the underlying database, issue an SQL query
> or something?

I can run a one-off SQL query for you if you want.
Alternatively, you can extend the webapp by opening a pull request. The
source is available at

  https://github.com/macports/macports-webapp

Clemens

Re: mp stats by category

Jean-François Caron-2
Since it's just curiosity a one-off query with the "games" category installations ranked would satisfy me, but it's not worth bothering anyone for it.

Jean-François