mesa OpenGL header problem with mesa > 17 on SnowLeopard (and older) -- help wanted

mesa OpenGL header problem with mesa > 17 on SnowLeopard (and older) -- help wanted

Ken Cunningham
I’m stuck, and that doesn’t happen so often to me.

Something is going on that makes mesa versions > 17 not build on 10.6 (but does on 10.7+) — some kind of redefinition hiccup.

It is proving quite vexing.

Almost ready to throw in the towel and peg mesa at 17.x for older systems unless someone has some inspiration on what the heck is going on …

thx ken

> I’m stuck, and that doesn’t happen so often to me.
>
> Something is going on that makes mesa versions > 17 not build on 10.6 (but does on 10.7+) — some kind of redefinition hiccup.
>
> It is proving quite vexing.
>
> Almost ready to throw in the towel and peg mesa at 17.x for older systems unless someone has some inspiration on what the heck is going on …

There are some old mesa-on-macOS issues which look related, I've left a comment: https://trac.macports.org/ticket/62203#comment:18

Re: mesa OpenGL header problem with mesa > 17 on SnowLeopard (and older) -- help wanted

yes, it's a longstanding issue.

but somwhow it all held together until this last mesa update, and I just can't spot why it's broken now.

I have a PR ready to hold back mesa to 17.x ... on < 10.7.

I'll push that later today then...and after thst, wait for divine inspiration.

Ken