man.macports.org

Rainer Müller-4
Hello,

I created a preliminary version of a linkable web version of our man pages:

  https://man.macports.org/port.1.html

If anyone would be willing to contribute a better CSS, that would be
highly appreciated. For example, linkable anchors for headlines on hover
(as on Trac) would be nice to have.

Note that this only works for man pages written in AsciiDoc, so you
might encounter a few dead links to other man pages.

Feedback welcome!

Re: man.macports.org

Clemens Lang-2
Hi,

On Tue, Jun 27, 2017 at 01:37:12AM +0200, Rainer Müller wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I created a preliminary version of a linkable web version of our man pages:
>
>   https://man.macports.org/port.1.html

Love it!

> If anyone would be willing to contribute a better CSS, that would be
> highly appreciated. For example, linkable anchors for headlines on
> hover (as on Trac) would be nice to have.

I'd love to do this, but realistically, I won't find time to. If anybody
wants to help out, that'd be awesome!

> Feedback welcome!

How are those updated? Are we using the master manpages?

Clemens

Re: man.macports.org

Rainer Müller-4
On 2017-06-28 00:28, Clemens Lang wrote:
> How are those updated? Are we using the master manpages?

I created a buildbot deploy job for that [1]. However, as we still lack
a builder to run jobs on (also affects portindex, www, guide), the
process is not fully automated yet.

I hardcoded the relese-2.4 branch, to avoid publishing documentation for
unreleased new features. It would be better if new releases would not
require a new deploy of master.cfg. Not yet sure where to store/get the
current release branch, though...

Rainer

[1]
https://github.com/macports/macports-infrastructure/commit/03677cd5a083dfae9fc0508ec42cb3f9cd877a46

Re: man.macports.org

Clemens Lang-2
Hi,

On Wed, Jun 28, 2017 at 10:27:31AM +0200, Rainer Müller wrote:
> On 2017-06-28 00:28, Clemens Lang wrote:
> > How are those updated? Are we using the master manpages?
>
> I created a buildbot deploy job for that [1]. However, as we still
> lack a builder to run jobs on (also affects portindex, www, guide),
> the process is not fully automated yet.

OK. Should we eventually just create a Linux buildslave to do
non-OS-X-specific builds like this one?

> I hardcoded the relese-2.4 branch, to avoid publishing documentation
> for unreleased new features. It would be better if new releases would
> not require a new deploy of master.cfg. Not yet sure where to
> store/get the current release branch, though...

Use the livecheck URL that contains the latest MacPorts release, I
guess? Problem is you cannot know whether a tag is created first or the
macports_version file is modified first, so you'd probably have to build
periodically.

Building once a day, or even once a week, and watching

  rsync://rsync.macports.org/macports/release/base/config/macports_version

for changes and a corresponding tag should be enough, though.

--
Clemens