macports with broken pipe

stila
Hi,

I am using Mac Sierra 10.12.5. I installed macPorts, gcc46 and other bunch of stuffs. macPorts seems broken. I got similar errors for all 'port install' command.

sudo port install gcc46

Password:

--->  Computing dependencies for gcc46

--->  Cleaning gcc46

--->  Scanning binaries for linking errors

--->  Found 2 broken files, matching files to ports

--->  Found 1 broken port, determining rebuild order

sudo port install autoconf

Password:

--->  Computing dependencies for autoconf

--->  Cleaning autoconf

--->  Scanning binaries for linking errors

--->  Found 2 broken files, matching files to ports

--->  Found 1 broken port, determining rebuild order

You can always run 'port rev-upgrade' again to fix errors.

The following ports will be rebuilt: autogen @5.18.12

Continue? [Y/n]: Y

--->  Computing dependencies for autogen

--->  Cleaning autogen

--->  Scanning binaries for linking errors

--->  Found 2 broken files, matching files to ports

--->  Found 1 broken port, determining rebuild order

--->  Rebuilding in order

     autogen @5.18.12

--->  Computing dependencies for autogen

--->  Fetching distfiles for autogen

--->  Verifying checksums for autogen

--->  Extracting autogen

--->  Applying patches to autogen

--->  Configuring autogen

Error: Failed to configure autogen, consult /opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_macports_release_tarballs_ports_devel_autogen/autogen/work/autogen-5.18.12/config.log

Error: Failed to configure autogen: configure failure: command execution failed

Error: See /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_macports_release_tarballs_ports_devel_autogen/autogen/main.log for details.

Error: rev-upgrade failed: Error rebuilding autogen

Error: Follow https://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets to report a bug.

Please advice, thanks a lot.

Re: macports with broken pipe

Chris Jones
Hi,

You should start by following the instructions macports gave you at the
end of the messages below :-

Error: See
/opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_macports_release_tarballs_ports_devel_autogen/autogen/main.log
for details.

Error: rev-upgrade failed: Error rebuilding autogen

Error: Follow https://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets to report a bug.

Chris