logging all port command activity

db

logging all port command activity

db
Is it possible to have all activity logged to a file?

Re: logging all port command activity

Ryan Schmidt-24

There's no such capability built in.
db

On 29 Jun 2017, at 02:47, Ryan Schmidt <[hidden email]> wrote:
> There's no such capability built in.

Would implementing such a feature be feasible (and worth filing a ticket)?

Re: logging all port command activity

Rainer Müller-4
On 2017-06-29 08:59, db wrote:
> On 29 Jun 2017, at 02:47, Ryan Schmidt <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> There's no such capability built in.
>
> Would implementing such a feature be feasible (and worth filing a ticket)?

You would have to be more specific with your description. What do you
mean by "all activity"? Commands modifying installing/uninstalling
ports? Or do you even want every single 'port info' or similar to be
logged? What is the use case for such a log?

Rainer
db

On 29 Jun 2017, at 11:20, Rainer Müller <[hidden email]> wrote:
> You would have to be more specific with your description. What do you
> mean by "all activity"? Commands modifying installing/uninstalling
> ports? Or do you even want every single 'port info' or similar to be
> logged? What is the use case for such a log?

I suppose you could adjust the level of logging with a variable. I'm interested in logging (un)installation of ports. Useful when checking for changes that might have happened that break ports during upgrade.