Quantcast

libsdl2 built fails when updating ffmpeg

libsdl2 built fails when updating ffmpeg

tome@QX.Net
Mac mini 2.7Ghz Intel Core i7
8 GB 1333 Mhz DDR3
Lion OS X 10.7.5
ffmpeg @3.1.4_0+gpl2+x11 (active)

After successfully patching a libarchive failure, the ffmpeg update
continued with a failure during libsdl2 build.  I captured the log and
then did the suggested 'sudo port clean libsdl2' and then 'sudo port
update outdated', which failed again, and I captured that log also.  I
then did the suggested 'sudo port uninstall libsdl2' and again did 'sudo
port update outdated', again with a libsdl2 failure.  I have attached the
last log, the other two are available if necessary.  I searched the
archive, but found nothing related to this failure.  Please advise if this
should be a ticket.  Thank you, Tom

libsdl2b-main.log (56K) Download Attachment

Re: libsdl2 built fails when updating ffmpeg

Ryan Schmidt-24

> On Mar 22, 2017, at 22:56, [hidden email] wrote:
>
> Mac mini 2.7Ghz Intel Core i7
> 8 GB 1333 Mhz DDR3
> Lion OS X 10.7.5
> ffmpeg @3.1.4_0+gpl2+x11 (active)
>
> After successfully patching a libarchive failure, the ffmpeg update
> continued with a failure during libsdl2 build.  I captured the log and
> then did the suggested 'sudo port clean libsdl2' and then 'sudo port
> update outdated', which failed again, and I captured that log also.  I
> then did the suggested 'sudo port uninstall libsdl2' and again did 'sudo
> port update outdated', again with a libsdl2 failure.  I have attached the
> last log, the other two are available if necessary.  I searched the
> archive, but found nothing related to this failure.  Please advise if this
> should be a ticket.  Thank you, Tom
> <libsdl2b-main.log>

The errors in the log are:

use of undeclared identifier 'NSWindowDidChangeBackingPropertiesNotification'

and:

use of undeclared identifier 'NSBackingPropertyOldScaleFactorKey'

These errors are mentioned further down in this ticket:

https://trac.macports.org/ticket/52210#comment:9

That ticket is about how libsdl2 does not build on 10.6 without the 10.7 SDK. But you're on 10.7 so you already have the 10.7 SDK so this doesn't quite fit.

What version of Xcode and the command line tools do you have installed? If it's not the very latest for 10.7 (Xcode 4.6.3 and Command Line Tools (OS X Lion) for Xcode - April 2013) try updating to that.

Re: libsdl2 built fails when updating ffmpeg

tome@QX.Net

>> On Mar 22, 2017, at 22:56, [hidden email] wrote:
>>
>> Mac mini 2.7Ghz Intel Core i7
>> 8 GB 1333 Mhz DDR3
>> Lion OS X 10.7.5
>> ffmpeg @3.1.4_0+gpl2+x11 (active)
>>
>> After successfully patching a libarchive failure, the ffmpeg update
>> continued with a failure during libsdl2 build.  I captured the log and
>> then did the suggested 'sudo port clean libsdl2' and then 'sudo port
>> update outdated', which failed again, and I captured that log also.  I
>> then did the suggested 'sudo port uninstall libsdl2' and again did 'sudo
>> port update outdated', again with a libsdl2 failure.  I have attached
>> the
>> last log, the other two are available if necessary.  I searched the
>> archive, but found nothing related to this failure.  Please advise if
>> this
>> should be a ticket.  Thank you, Tom
>> <libsdl2b-main.log>
>
> The errors in the log are:
>
> use of undeclared identifier
> 'NSWindowDidChangeBackingPropertiesNotification'
>
> and:
>
> use of undeclared identifier 'NSBackingPropertyOldScaleFactorKey'
>
> These errors are mentioned further down in this ticket:
>
> https://trac.macports.org/ticket/52210#comment:9
>
> That ticket is about how libsdl2 does not build on 10.6 without the 10.7
> SDK. But you're on 10.7 so you already have the 10.7 SDK so this doesn't
> quite fit.
>
> What version of Xcode and the command line tools do you have installed? If
> it's not the very latest for 10.7 (Xcode 4.6.3 and Command Line Tools (OS
> X Lion) for Xcode - April 2013) try updating to that.

Thank you.  I am downloading xcode 4.6.3.  I have not been able to
determine my version of command line tools. Where on my mac do I check the
version of command line tools?  Are there things I should backup before
starting these upgrades?

On Mar 23, 2017, at 09:33, [hidden email] wrote:

>> What version of Xcode and the command line tools do you have installed? If
>> it's not the very latest for 10.7 (Xcode 4.6.3 and Command Line Tools (OS
>> X Lion) for Xcode - April 2013) try updating to that.
>
> Thank you.  I am downloading xcode 4.6.3.

Just out of curiosity, what version did you have before?

> I have not been able to
> determine my version of command line tools. Where on my mac do I check the
> version of command line tools?

I don't actually know. But you should use the version of the CLT that matches the version of Xcode. So if you're upgrading to Xcode 4.6.3 now, you should upgrade to the corresponding CLT (April 2013) at the same time.

> Are there things I should backup before
> starting these upgrades?

Probably no need. In the unlikely event that you have problems with the new Xcode and CLT and want to go back to the old versions, you can follow Apple's instructions in the read me file for uninstalling them and then install the old versions again.

Re: libsdl2 built fails when updating ffmpeg

tome@QX.Net

> On Mar 23, 2017, at 09:33, [hidden email] wrote:
>
>>> What version of Xcode and the command line tools do you have installed?
>>> If
>>> it's not the very latest for 10.7 (Xcode 4.6.3 and Command Line Tools
>>> (OS
>>> X Lion) for Xcode - April 2013) try updating to that.
>>
>> Thank you.  I am downloading xcode 4.6.3.
>
> Just out of curiosity, what version did you have before?
>
>> I have not been able to
>> determine my version of command line tools. Where on my mac do I check
>> the
>> version of command line tools?
>
> I don't actually know. But you should use the version of the CLT that
> matches the version of Xcode. So if you're upgrading to Xcode 4.6.3 now,
> you should upgrade to the corresponding CLT (April 2013) at the same time.
>
>> Are there things I should backup before
>> starting these upgrades?
>

> Probably no need. In the unlikely event that you have problems with the
> new Xcode and CLT and want to go back to the old versions, you can follow
> Apple's instructions in the read me file for uninstalling them and then
> install the old versions again.

My present xcode is 4.2.  Will download CLT April 2013 when xcode download
is complete, 28 minutes. Tks

Re: libsdl2 built fails when updating ffmpeg

Ryan Schmidt-24

>>> Thank you.  I am downloading xcode 4.6.3.
>>
>> Just out of curiosity, what version did you have before?
>>
>>> I have not been able to
>>> determine my version of command line tools. Where on my mac do I check
>>> the
>>> version of command line tools?
>>
>> I don't actually know. But you should use the version of the CLT that
>> matches the version of Xcode. So if you're upgrading to Xcode 4.6.3 now,
>> you should upgrade to the corresponding CLT (April 2013) at the same time.
>>
>>> Are there things I should backup before
>>> starting these upgrades?
>>

>> Probably no need. In the unlikely event that you have problems with the
>> new Xcode and CLT and want to go back to the old versions, you can follow
>> Apple's instructions in the read me file for uninstalling them and then
>> install the old versions again.
>
> My present xcode is 4.2.  Will download CLT April 2013 when xcode download
> is complete, 28 minutes. Tks

Don't forget to "sudo port clean libsdl2" before trying again.

According to http://www.openradar.me/12772011 it looks like indeed NSWindowDidChangeBackingPropertiesNotification and NSBackingPropertyOldScaleFactorKey were added in OS X 10.7.3, the release date for which was February 1, 2012. Xcode 4.2 was released October 12, 2011 so it would not know about those. Xcode 4.3 was released February 16, 2012 and would presumably contain these constants.

Re: libsdl2 built fails when updating ffmpeg

tome@QX.Net

>>> Just out of curiosity, what version did you have before?

>>> I don't actually know. But you should use the version of the CLT that
>>> matches the version of Xcode. So if you're upgrading to Xcode 4.6.3
>>> now,
>>> you should upgrade to the corresponding CLT (April 2013) at the same
>>> time.

>>> Probably no need. In the unlikely event that you have problems with the
>>> new Xcode and CLT and want to go back to the old versions, you can
>>> follow
>>> Apple's instructions in the read me file for uninstalling them and then
>>> install the old versions again.
>>
>> My present xcode is 4.2.  Will download CLT April 2013 when xcode
>> download
>> is complete, 28 minutes. Tks
>
> Don't forget to "sudo port clean libsdl2" before trying again.
>
> According to http://www.openradar.me/12772011 it looks like indeed
> NSWindowDidChangeBackingPropertiesNotification and
> NSBackingPropertyOldScaleFactorKey were added in OS X 10.7.3, the release
> date for which was February 1, 2012. Xcode 4.2 was released October 12,
> 2011 so it would not know about those. Xcode 4.3 was released February 16,
> 2012 and would presumably contain these constants.

Success!  Xcode 4.6.3 and Command Line Tools (OS X Lion) for Xcode - April
2013 are installed and 'sudo port update outdated' finished successfully.
Since I am at the end of the line with Xcode and CLT for Lion and have no
plans to update, should I be weary of 'port update outdated' in the
future?  Anyway, my hardiest thanks to all that this site going!!!