how to build webkit with qt4

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

how to build webkit with qt4

sonic-6
I try to build webkit on Linux.
To build with qt4, I follow the instruction from webkit.org, using the
following command:
QTDIR=/usr/shared/qt4 WebKitTools/Script/build-webkit

but I got the following errors:
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/jcai/webkitnew/WebKitBuild/Release/WebCore'
echo \"#include <string.h>\" >
/home/jcai/webkitnew/WebKitBuild/Release/WebCore/tmp/DocTypeStrings.cpp
&& gperf -CEot -L ANSI-C -k \'*\' -N findDoctypeEntry -F
,PubIDInfo::eAlmostStandards,PubIDInfo::eAlmostStandards <
/home/jcai/webkitnew/WebCore/html/DocTypeStrings.gperf >>
/home/jcai/webkitnew/WebKitBuild/Release/WebCore/tmp/DocTypeStrings.cpp
/bin/sh: string.h: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [/home/jcai/webkitnew/WebKitBuild/Release/WebCore/tmp/DocTypeStrings.cpp]
Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/jcai/webkitnew/WebKitBuild/Release/WebCore'
make: *** [sub-WebCore-make_default-ordered] Error 2

can someone tell me why?

--
Cai Jian
_______________________________________________
webkit-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.webkit.org/mailman/listinfo/webkit-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

how to build Webkit with qt-4.2.3 on Windows

Sebastien Le Faou
Hi everybody,

I want to build Webkit with Qt on Windows.
I use cygwin to run the build-webkit perl script.
And I have a problem I don't know how to solve it.
I try a lot of differents way to circle it but without any success.
If someone has already do it, it will be helpful.

The error which appears is :

$ perl ./build-webkit
Calling 'qmake -r -unix OUTPUT_DIR=/cygdrive/c/work/webkit_test_3/WebKitBuild/Release /cygdrive/c/work/webkit_test_3/WebKit.pro' in /cygdrive/c/work/webkit_test_3/WebKitBuild/Release ...

Cannot find file: \cygdrive\c\work\webkit_test_3\WebKit.pro.
Failed to setup build environment using qmake!



I don't understand why "/" are changing into "\".
I guess it is because I build it on windows, but I don't understand why.
If someone has an idea, I'll be happy to know.

Thank you.

Seb.

_______________________________________________
webkit-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.webkit.org/mailman/listinfo/webkit-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: how to build Webkit with qt-4.2.3 on Windows

Adam Treat-2
On Monday 16 April 2007, Sebastien Le Faou wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I want to build Webkit with Qt on Windows.

Building WebKit with Qt on Windows is not supported at this moment.  The
WebKit Qt developers have been talking about a plan to support this in the
future, but it remains a task for another day.

Cheers,

Adam
_______________________________________________
webkit-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.webkit.org/mailman/listinfo/webkit-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: how to build Webkit with qt-4.2.3 on Windows

Sebastien Le Faou
Adam Treat wrote:
On Monday 16 April 2007, Sebastien Le Faou wrote:
  
Hi everybody,

I want to build Webkit with Qt on Windows.
    

Building WebKit with Qt on Windows is not supported at this moment.  The 
WebKit Qt developers have been talking about a plan to support this in the 
future, but it remains a task for another day.

Cheers,

Adam
  
Hi Adam,

Thank you but,
I already  know all of this I talked on IRC with some guys who told me that.
They told me if I want to make it work on windows I have to look at the .pro files.
But I don't even build something with qmake.
In fact I did, but the makefiles which were created had were good (some problems with paths).
So, I want to work on it, make it work, but I if I can't even run qmake it's not possible to see where there are stuffs to change in the .pro files.

Thank you


Sebastien.
_______________________________________________
webkit-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.webkit.org/mailman/listinfo/webkit-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: how to build Webkit with qt-4.2.3 on Windows

Adam Treat-2
On Monday 16 April 2007, Sebastien Le Faou wrote:

> Hi Adam,
> Thank you but,
> I already  know all of this I talked on IRC with some guys who told me
> that. They told me if I want to make it work on windows I have to look at
> the .pro files.
> But I don't even build something with qmake.
> In fact I did, but the makefiles which were created had were good (some
> problems with paths).
> So, I want to work on it, make it work, but I if I can't even run qmake
> it's not possible to see where there are stuffs to change in the .pro
> files.

The major problem with the .pro files right now is that they rely upon custom
compilers for generation of numerous files.  These custom compilers were not
written in a cross-platform way.  I suspect that the incorrect directory
separators you are encountering are hardcoded into the various custom
compilers found in WebCore.pro and elsewhere.

Adam
_______________________________________________
webkit-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.webkit.org/mailman/listinfo/webkit-dev