[guide] 5.3 missing keywords

Bjarne D Mathiesen
A description of the "build.dir" & "configure.dir" keywords are missing

I only discovered these keywords by accident by looking in a Portfile
for help with exactly these issues : changing into a directory before a
python install

Possible description :
build.dir
Changes into this directory before building. Default is ${worksrcpath}
Example :
    build.dir           ${worksrcpath}/${name}-apache

Possible description :
configure.dir
Changes into this directory before configuring. Default is ${worksrcpath}
Example :
    configure.dir           ${worksrcpath}/${name}-apache

--
Bjarne D Mathiesen
Korsør ; Danmark ; Europa
   Mac Mini ; 2GHz Core 2 Duo (64 bit) ; 4GB (3GB actual) 667MHz
   Mac Mini ; 1.83GHz Core Duo (32 bit) ; 2GB 667Mhz

Re: [guide] 5.3 missing keywords

On Aug 31, 2019, at 07:31, Bjarne D Mathiesen wrote:

> A description of the "build.dir" & "configure.dir" keywords are missing
>
> I only discovered these keywords by accident by looking in a Portfile
> for help with exactly these issues : changing into a directory before a
> python install
>
> Possible description :
> build.dir
> Changes into this directory before building. Default is ${worksrcpath}
> Example :
>    build.dir           ${worksrcpath}/${name}-apache
>
> Possible description :
> configure.dir
> Changes into this directory before configuring. Default is ${worksrcpath}
> Example :
>    configure.dir           ${worksrcpath}/${name}-apache

Indeed, every "command" has a number of common options, including ".dir".

I see that the guide does specifically mention autoconf.dir, automake.dir, autoreconf.dir, and patch.dir, but it's a bit redundant to have to describe each one when the description is the same (though it's true that the default value is not the same for all of them).