gdklauncher quits for "http://www.craigslist.com"

Auro Tripathy
My test was on FC5

Here's the message.

[root@localhost GdkLauncher]# ASSERTION FAILED: length != 0
(../../loader/MainResourceLoader.cpp:282 virtual void WebCore::MainResourceLoader::didReceiveData(const char*, int, long long int, bool))

Scrpts to build gdklauncher were provided by kjk

Thanks
-Auro

http://www.ActiveSand.com
[hidden email]
408 956 8308

Re: gdklauncher quits for "http://www.craigslist.com"

Krzysztof Kowalczyk
Not that it'll help much, but I just tried latest debug gdklauncher
build on Ubuntu 6.10 and didn't encounter the problem (i.e. I was able
to browse craigslist.com).

-- kjk

On 3/10/07, Auro Tripathy <[hidden email]> wrote:

> My test was on FC5
>
> Here's the message.
>
> [root@localhost GdkLauncher]# ASSERTION FAILED: length != 0
> (../../loader/MainResourceLoader.cpp:282 virtual void
> WebCore::MainResourceLoader::didReceiveData(const char*,
> int, long long int, bool))
>
> Scrpts to build gdklauncher were provided by kjk
>

> Thanks
> -Auro
>

> http://www.ActiveSand.com
> [hidden email]
> 408 956 8308

Re: gdklauncher quits for "http://www.craigslist.com"

Mike Emmel
On 3/10/07, Krzysztof Kowalczyk <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Not that it'll help much, but I just tried latest debug gdklauncher
> build on Ubuntu 6.10 and didn't encounter the problem (i.e. I was able
> to browse craigslist.com).
>
> -- kjk
>
> On 3/10/07, Auro Tripathy <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > My test was on FC5
> >
> > Here's the message.
> >
> > [root@localhost GdkLauncher]# ASSERTION FAILED: length != 0
> > (../../loader/MainResourceLoader.cpp:282 virtual void
> > WebCore::MainResourceLoader::didReceiveData(const char*,
> > int, long long int, bool))
> >
> > Scrpts to build gdklauncher were provided by kjk

Could be a connection problem that caused this in any case it should
not be and assert
but the connection should be in and error state and the page or
resources should fail to load.

> > Thanks
> > -Auro
> >

> > http://www.ActiveSand.com
> > [hidden email]
> > 408 956 8308

Re: gdklauncher quits for "http://www.craigslist.com"

Auro Tripathy
OK, Thanks!

Could it be an issue with redirection not working right.

I noticed that "http://www.craigslist.com" is redirected to "http://sfbay.craigslist.org/".

So, if I point to "http://sfbay.craigslist.org/", gdklauncher is able to render the page. So, no issue with  rendering.

-Auro

Mike Emmel <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 3/10/07, Krzysztof Kowalczyk wrote:

> Not that it'll help much, but I just tried latest debug gdklauncher
> build on Ubuntu 6.10 and didn't encounter the problem (i.e. I was able
> to browse craigslist.com).
>
> -- kjk
>
> On 3/10/07, Auro Tripathy wrote:
> > My test was on FC5
> >
> > Here's the message.
> >
> > [root@localhost GdkLauncher]# ASSERTION FAILED: length != 0
> > (../../loader/MainResourceLoader.cpp:282 virtual void
> > WebCore::MainResourceLoader::didReceiveData(const char*,
> > int, long long int, bool))
> >
> > Scrpts to build gdklauncher were provided by kjk

Could be a connection problem that caused this in any case it should
not be and assert
but the connection should be in and error state and the page or
resources should fail to load.

> > Thanks
> > -Auro
> >

> > http://www.ActiveSand.com
> > [hidden email]
> > 408 956 8308

http://www.ActiveSand.com
[hidden email]
408 956 8308

Re: gdklauncher quits for "http://www.craigslist.com"

Mike Emmel
Yes. redirection is broken. Here the original request should shutdown
cleanly since
it will never get data. Technically we should have probably closed it
once it was a redirect.
I think their is some code to handle redirects but its never been
tested as you see.

On 3/10/07, Auro Tripathy <[hidden email]> wrote:

> OK, Thanks!
>
> Could it be an issue with redirection not working right.
>
> I noticed that "http://www.craigslist.com" is redirected to
> "http://sfbay.craigslist.org/".
>
> So, if I point to "http://sfbay.craigslist.org/", gdklauncher is able to
> render the page. So, no issue with  rendering.
>
> -Auro
>

> Mike Emmel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>  On 3/10/07, Krzysztof Kowalczyk wrote:
> > Not that it'll help much, but I just tried latest debug gdklauncher
> > build on Ubuntu 6.10 and didn't encounter the problem (i.e. I was able
> > to browse craigslist.com).
> >
> > -- kjk
> >
> > On 3/10/07, Auro Tripathy wrote:
> > > My test was on FC5
> > >
> > > Here's the message.
> > >
> > > [root@localhost GdkLauncher]# ASSERTION FAILED: length != 0
> > > (../../loader/MainResourceLoader.cpp:282 virtual void
> > > WebCore::MainResourceLoader::didReceiveData(const
> char*,
> > > int, long long int, bool))
> > >
> > > Scrpts to build gdklauncher were provided by kjk
> > >

> Could be a connection problem that caused this in any case it should
> not be and assert
> but the connection should be in and error state and the page or
> resources should fail to load.
>
> > > Thanks
> > > -Auro
> > >

> > > http://www.ActiveSand.com
> > > [hidden email]
> > > 408 956 8308
> >

> http://www.ActiveSand.com
> [hidden email]
> 408 956 8308

Re: gdklauncher quits for "http://www.craigslist.com"

Krzysztof Kowalczyk
Well, redirection is broken only if your libcurl doesn't support it.
We handle redirection on the curl level by setting
CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION to 1. On my system it works just fine. However,
it has to be said that until I upgraded libcurl manually on my system
to the latest version (i.e. compiled from the latest curl sources), I
was getting a lot of crashes inside libcurl, so I recommend upgrading
curl when doing webkit/gdk work to get rid of problems possibly caused
by broken libcurl.

Of course there's still a bug in the code: we should be robust in face
of curl errors and apparently we aren't.

-- kjk