gcc 4.8 problem in update

Comer Duncan
I have had a failure to complete an update using a script that I have used for quite a while. I attach the script and the end part of the main.log.  Can someone please take a look and offer some likely cause(s)?

Thanks very much.

Comer

end_of_main.log.txt (988 bytes) Download Attachment
portupdateupgrade (288 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: gcc 4.8 problem in update

Chris Jones
Hi,

You haven't really provided any useful information that anyone can use
to help. For instance the last line of the log you posted says

:debug:build "$procedure $targetname"
:error:build See
/opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_lang_gcc48/gcc48/main.log
for details.

Have you followed that advice and looked at that log ?

Chris

On 05/03/17 17:59, Comer Duncan wrote:
> I have had a failure to complete an update using a script that I have
> used for quite a while. I attach the script and the end part of the
> main.log.  Can someone please take a look and offer some likely cause(s)?
>
> Thanks very much.
>
> Comer

Re: gcc 4.8 problem in update

Chris Jones

b.t.w. gcc 4.8 is quite old now. If you have any ports installed using
this gcc version, as a variant, you should check to see if the defaults
for that port have been updated to a newer release (gcc 6) and where
necessary switch to using that.

On 06/03/17 08:46, Chris Jones wrote:

> Hi,
>
> You haven't really provided any useful information that anyone can use
> to help. For instance the last line of the log you posted says
>
> :debug:build "$procedure $targetname"
> :error:build See
> /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_lang_gcc48/gcc48/main.log
> for details.
>
> Have you followed that advice and looked at that log ?
>
> Chris
>
> On 05/03/17 17:59, Comer Duncan wrote:
>> I have had a failure to complete an update using a script that I have
>> used for quite a while. I attach the script and the end part of the
>> main.log.  Can someone please take a look and offer some likely cause(s)?
>>
>> Thanks very much.
>>
>> Comer

Re: gcc 4.8 problem in update

> On Mar 5, 2017, at 11:59, Comer Duncan <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I have had a failure to complete an update using a script that I have used for quite a while. I attach the script and the end part of the main.log.  Can someone please take a look and offer some likely cause(s)?
>
> Thanks very much.
>
> Comer
> <end_of_main.log.txt><portupdateupgrade>

The end of the main.log doesn't contain any useful information in this case. We would need to see earlier lines in the main.log to know why this failed.

However, it is likely you are encountering the same build error everyone else is with gcc48 at this time, which is:

https://trac.macports.org/ticket/53076