[errors] php80

Bjarne D Mathiesen
When upgrading from php74

$=> cat php.bash
#!/opt/local/bin/bash

phpOld=${1:-74}
phpNew=${2:-80}

while read -a portName -u 9
do
    toInstall="${portName[0]/${phpOld}/${phpNew}}"
    installed=$( port -q installed "${toInstall}" | wc -l )
    [[ ${installed} -eq 0 ]] && port -cuNp install "${toInstall}"
done 9< <( port -q installed | grep "php${phpOld}" )

I get the following errors :

Error: Port php80-event not found
Error: Port php80-geoip not found
Error: Port php80-imagick not found
Error: Port php80-pdflib not found
Error: Port php80-scrypt not found
Error: Port php80-vld not found
Error: Port php80-xmlrpc not found
Error: Port php80-yaz not found

--
Bjarne D Mathiesen
Korsør ; Danmark ; Europa
2 x 3,46 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon ; 112 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC
ATI Radeon RX 590 8 GB

Re: [errors] php80

Nils Breunese
Bjarne D Mathiesen <[hidden email]> wrote:

When upgrading from php74

$=> cat php.bash
#!/opt/local/bin/bash

phpOld=${1:-74}
phpNew=${2:-80}

while read -a portName -u 9
do
   toInstall="${portName[0]/${phpOld}/${phpNew}}"
   installed=$( port -q installed "${toInstall}" | wc -l )
   [[ ${installed} -eq 0 ]] && port -cuNp install "${toInstall}"
done 9< <( port -q installed | grep "php${phpOld}" )

I get the following errors :

Error: Port php80-event not found
Error: Port php80-geoip not found
Error: Port php80-imagick not found
Error: Port php80-pdflib not found
Error: Port php80-scrypt not found
Error: Port php80-vld not found
Error: Port php80-xmlrpc not found
Error: Port php80-yaz not found

Looking at for instance the Portfile for php-offline [0] I see 7.4 listed for php.branches, but 8.0 isn’t there, so there is no php80-pdflib port at the moment and this seems like expected behavior to me.

PHP 8.0 is currently only one month old. I am not familiar with these libraries and whether they are compatible with PHP 8.0 yet, but if they are I guess 8.0 just needs to be added to php.branches for these libs. You could create a merge request to add this if they are compatible. I imagine it could also be the case that these libs haven’t been updated for PHP 8.0 (yet).

Nils.

Re: [errors] php80

Nils Breunese
Nils Breunese <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Looking at for instance the Portfile for php-offline (…)

I meant to write php-pdflib, but it got auto-corrupted.

Nils.

Re: [errors] php80

Re-sending to correct list address. Remember to use list addresses at lists.macports.org, not the old list address that we used prior to 2017.

On Dec 26, 2020, at 15:52, Bjarne D Mathiesen wrote:

> When upgrading from php74
>
> $=> cat php.bash
> #!/opt/local/bin/bash
>
> phpOld=${1:-74}
> phpNew=${2:-80}
>
> while read -a portName -u 9
> do
>   toInstall="${portName[0]/${phpOld}/${phpNew}}"
>   installed=$( port -q installed "${toInstall}" | wc -l )
>   [[ ${installed} -eq 0 ]] && port -cuNp install "${toInstall}"
> done 9< <( port -q installed | grep "php${phpOld}" )
>
> I get the following errors :
>
> Error: Port php80-event not found
> Error: Port php80-geoip not found
> Error: Port php80-imagick not found
> Error: Port php80-pdflib not found
> Error: Port php80-scrypt not found
> Error: Port php80-vld not found
> Error: Port php80-xmlrpc not found
> Error: Port php80-yaz not found

I have already added php80 subports to all php module ports that were buildable with php80. The remaining ones, including the ones you listed above, were therefore found not to be php80 compatible. You could file bug reports with each of those projects and hope that they release php80-compatible versions in the future. If they do, we will update to them.

Re: [errors] php80-imagick

Bjarne D Mathiesen
php80-imagick can be installed directly from git :
( https://github.com/Imagick/imagick/issues/358 )

port select --set php php80
export CC="gcc" CFLAGS="-O3 -Wall"
cd /private/tmp
git clone https://github.com/Imagick/imagick
cd imagick/
phpize80
./configure --prefix=/opt/local
make
make install
cd /opt/local/var/db/php80/
cp ../php74/imagick.ini .

--
Bjarne D Mathiesen
Korsør ; Danmark ; Europa
denne besked er skrevet i et totalt M$-frit miljø
macOS 10.15.7 Cataina
2 x 3,46 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon ; 112 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC
ATI Radeon RX 590 8 GB

Re: [test] php80-imagick

Bjarne D Mathiesen

--
Bjarne D Mathiesen
Korsør ; Danmark ; Europa
denne besked er skrevet i et totalt M$-frit miljø
macOS 10.15.7 Cataina
2 x 3,46 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon ; 112 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC
ATI Radeon RX 590 8 GB

Re: [errors] php80-imagick

On Jan 21, 2021, at 02:06, Bjarne D Mathiesen wrote:

> php80-imagick can be installed directly from git :
> ( https://github.com/Imagick/imagick/issues/358 )

Yes, but if you actually read that issue, you'll find that the author is not ready to declare that code as the PHP 8-compatible release yet. PHP 8 apparently supports named parameters and the author indicated a desire to rename some parameters prior to release. If you use the code from git master with PHP 8 now, you may write code that will not be compatible with the real PHP 8-compatible release when it is made later.

Re: [errors] php80-imagick

Bjarne D Mathiesen
Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> On Jan 21, 2021, at 02:06, Bjarne D Mathiesen wrote:
>
>> php80-imagick can be installed directly from git :
>> ( https://github.com/Imagick/imagick/issues/358 )
>
> Yes, but if you actually read that issue, you'll find that the author is not ready to declare that code as the PHP 8-compatible release yet. PHP 8 apparently supports named parameters and the author indicated a desire to rename some parameters prior to release. If you use the code from git master with PHP 8 now, you may write code that will not be compatible with the real PHP 8-compatible release when it is made later.

I'm aware of that. But I've already got som php74 Imagick code in
production, so not having Imagick in php80 is a deal-breaker for me
regarding upgrading to php80.