configure error on compile ports

rmgls-2

Hello list,

Please can you tell me what to do about this error
(elinks but also many other compile)?

:info:configure checking for gcc... /usr/bin/clang
:info:configure checking for C compiler default output file name...
:info:configure configure: error: C compiler cannot create executables

some details:
osx11.2. new macports (/opt/local entirely deleted first).
gcc and clang correctly seated in /usr/bin and running fine.
xcode up-to-date, and commandline tools installed!

Thanks for your answer.

Raoul MEGELAS

Re: configure error on compile ports

pvr4me
> On Feb 14, 2021, at 1:22 PM, rmgls <[hidden email]> wrote:
> :info:configure checking for gcc... /usr/bin/clang
> :info:configure checking for C compiler default output file name...
> :info:configure configure: error: C compiler cannot create executables
>
> some details:
> osx11.2. new macports (/opt/local entirely deleted first).
> gcc and clang correctly seated in /usr/bin and running fine.
> xcode up-to-date, and commandline tools installed!

Have you installed the Xcode command line tools and accepted the license?

https://www.macports.org/install.php

Craig

Re: configure error on compile ports

rmgls-2
Hello Craig,

Yes xcode run fine here.
Thanks for your reply.

R.M.

Error messages shown in the config.log file should tell you why the compiler cannot create executables. Often, the cause is that you have not updated the command line tools to a version that is compatible with your OS. When in doubt, download the correct command line tools manually and reinstall them.

Re: configure error on compile ports

rmgls-2
Hello Rayan,

as often you are completely right,
thanks for giving your experience.

all is fine now.

in fact i forgot to delete Applications/macports/*
so, dbus,  and other  osfts  was  orphan, and not registered.

Thanks again.