cleanup after selfupdate

db

cleanup after selfupdate

db
I changed the source to git. Can I safely delete the rsync tarball and related files at /opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/ ?

I also upgraded to 2.4.1 using `port`. Are there any files remaining from it that could/should be deleted? I noticed that this is still using rsync.

Re: cleanup after selfupdate

Ryan Schmidt-24

On Feb 27, 2017, at 05:08, db wrote:

> I changed the source to git. Can I safely delete the rsync tarball and related files at /opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/ ?

Sure.

> I also upgraded to 2.4.1 using `port`. Are there any files remaining from it that could/should be deleted? I noticed that this is still using rsync.

selfupdate always uses rsync.

db

Re: cleanup after selfupdate

db
What about unnecessary files from the upgrade to 2.4.1 using `port`? Up until now I always used the package, which had the consequence of writing my profile, but at least it never increased the prefix size by 1 GB.

On 27 Feb 2017, at 19:16, Ryan Schmidt <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Feb 27, 2017, at 05:08, db wrote:
>
>> I changed the source to git. Can I safely delete the rsync tarball and related files at /opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/ ?
>
> Sure.
>

>> I also upgraded to 2.4.1 using `port`. Are there any files remaining from it that could/should be deleted? I noticed that this is still using rsync.
>
> selfupdate always uses rsync.

Re: cleanup after selfupdate

Ryan Schmidt-24

> On Feb 27, 2017, at 12:52, db <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> What about unnecessary files from the upgrade to 2.4.1 using `port`?

What files are you referring to?

> Up until now I always used the package, which had the consequence of writing my profile, but at least it never increased the prefix size by 1 GB.

Are you claiming that something new is using up 1GB of space? If you're not sure what it is, a program like Grand Perspective could help you find out.

db

Starting with 4.8 GB MacPorts prefix, I changed the source to using git and upgraded to 2.4.1 via `port` — it went up to 5.9, from which I deleted .35 rsync tarball related files. I haven't upgraded any ports yet, so I don't know where .65 come from.
db

Re: cleanup after selfupdate

db
On 27 Feb 2017, at 20:48, Ryan Schmidt <[hidden email]> wrote:
> What files are you referring to?
> Are you claiming that something new is using up 1GB of space?

After a reboot I realised that the Finder got the folder size wrong and that after deleting the rsync tarball I actually gained meager 150 MB.

In any case, port reclaim could check the sources for unused ones to clean up.