[?bug?] PortGroup python 1.0

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[?bug?] PortGroup python 1.0

Bjarne D Mathiesen
I've got this :

file:///Volumes/Bjarne/WebServer/MacPorts/newPorts
rsync://rsync.macports.org/release/tarballs/ports.tar [default]

in my sources.conf

Now, if I put my py-acme Portfile
    https://macports.mathiesen.info/portfiles/python/py-acme/Portfile
into my own port tree, I get this :

#=> port -d sync
[standard stuff]...
Failed to parse file python/py-acme/Portfile: can't read
"python.version": no such variable

Total number of ports parsed: 1
Ports successfully parsed: 0
Ports failed: 1
Up-to-date ports skipped: 17

+++
I've "rsync -a" the '_resources' directory into my ports tree.

I have to explicitly set "python.version 37" in the Portfile in order
for macports to accept it.

Am I doing something wrong here ?!?
The original macports portfile doesn't explicitly set this value.

--
Bjarne D Mathiesen
Korsør ; Danmark ; Europa
----------------------------------------------------------------------
denne besked er skrevet i et (næsten) M$-frit miljø
MacOS X 10.13.6 High Sierra :
   17" 2011 MacBook Pro ; 2.8GHz Intel Core i7 ; 16GB 1067MHz DDR3
   2012 Mac Pro ; 2 x 3.46GHz 6-Core Xeon ; 48GB
MacOS X 10.6.8 Snow Leopard :
   Mac Mini ; 2GHz Core 2 Duo (64 bit) ; 4GB (3GB actual) 667MHz
   Mac Mini ; 1.83GHz Core Duo (32 bit) ; 2GB 667Mhz
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [?bug?] PortGroup python 1.0

Chris Jones
Hi,

Your port file is incorrectly set up. Compare to the original


you are missing the subport bits. This part is not optional, its part of how the python PG works. ${python.version} is only defined within each subport the PG sets up.

Chris

On 2 Sep 2019, at 9:10 pm, Bjarne D Mathiesen <[hidden email]> wrote:

I've got this :

file:///Volumes/Bjarne/WebServer/MacPorts/newPorts
rsync://rsync.macports.org/release/tarballs/ports.tar [default]

in my sources.conf

Now, if I put my py-acme Portfile
   https://macports.mathiesen.info/portfiles/python/py-acme/Portfile
into my own port tree, I get this :

#=> port -d sync
[standard stuff]...
Failed to parse file python/py-acme/Portfile: can't read
"python.version": no such variable

Total number of ports parsed: 1
Ports successfully parsed: 0
Ports failed: 1
Up-to-date ports skipped: 17

+++
I've "rsync -a" the '_resources' directory into my ports tree.

I have to explicitly set "python.version 37" in the Portfile in order
for macports to accept it.

Am I doing something wrong here ?!?
The original macports portfile doesn't explicitly set this value.

--
Bjarne D Mathiesen
Korsør ; Danmark ; Europa
----------------------------------------------------------------------
denne besked er skrevet i et (næsten) M$-frit miljø
MacOS X 10.13.6 High Sierra :
  17" 2011 MacBook Pro ; 2.8GHz Intel Core i7 ; 16GB 1067MHz DDR3
  2012 Mac Pro ; 2 x 3.46GHz 6-Core Xeon ; 48GB
MacOS X 10.6.8 Snow Leopard :
  Mac Mini ; 2GHz Core 2 Duo (64 bit) ; 4GB (3GB actual) 667MHz
  Mac Mini ; 1.83GHz Core Duo (32 bit) ; 2GB 667Mhz


smime.p7s (2K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [?bug?] PortGroup python 1.0

Chris Jones

b.t.w. its also far from obvious (to me at least) why you have altered the port file in the way you have ? Whats you aim here… ?

Chris

On 2 Sep 2019, at 9:40 pm, Christopher Jones <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

Your port file is incorrectly set up. Compare to the original


you are missing the subport bits. This part is not optional, its part of how the python PG works. ${python.version} is only defined within each subport the PG sets up.

Chris

On 2 Sep 2019, at 9:10 pm, Bjarne D Mathiesen <[hidden email]> wrote:

I've got this :

file:///Volumes/Bjarne/WebServer/MacPorts/newPorts
<a href="rsync://rsync.macports.org/release/tarballs/ports.tar" class="">rsync://rsync.macports.org/release/tarballs/ports.tar [default]

in my sources.conf

Now, if I put my py-acme Portfile
   https://macports.mathiesen.info/portfiles/python/py-acme/Portfile
into my own port tree, I get this :

#=> port -d sync
[standard stuff]...
Failed to parse file python/py-acme/Portfile: can't read
"python.version": no such variable

Total number of ports parsed: 1
Ports successfully parsed: 0
Ports failed: 1
Up-to-date ports skipped: 17

+++
I've "rsync -a" the '_resources' directory into my ports tree.

I have to explicitly set "python.version 37" in the Portfile in order
for macports to accept it.

Am I doing something wrong here ?!?
The original macports portfile doesn't explicitly set this value.

--
Bjarne D Mathiesen
Korsør ; Danmark ; Europa
----------------------------------------------------------------------
denne besked er skrevet i et (næsten) M$-frit miljø
MacOS X 10.13.6 High Sierra :
  17" 2011 MacBook Pro ; 2.8GHz Intel Core i7 ; 16GB 1067MHz DDR3
  2012 Mac Pro ; 2 x 3.46GHz 6-Core Xeon ; 48GB
MacOS X 10.6.8 Snow Leopard :
  Mac Mini ; 2GHz Core 2 Duo (64 bit) ; 4GB (3GB actual) 667MHz
  Mac Mini ; 1.83GHz Core Duo (32 bit) ; 2GB 667Mhz



smime.p7s (2K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [?bug?] PortGroup python 1.0

Bjarne D Mathiesen
In reply to this post by Chris Jones
Christopher Jones wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Your port file is incorrectly set up. Compare to the original
>
> https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/blob/master/python/py-acme/Portfile
>
> you are missing the subport bits. This part is not optional, its part of
> how the python PG works. ${python.version} is only defined within each
> subport the PG sets up.

Adding

if {${name} ne ${subport}} {
...
}

fixed it 👍🏻😃

>
> Chris
>

🤓👍🏻 thanks 👍🏻🤓

--
Bjarne D Mathiesen
Korsør ; Danmark ; Europa
----------------------------------------------------------------------
denne besked er skrevet i et (næsten) M$-frit miljø
MacOS X 10.13.6 High Sierra :
   17" 2011 MacBook Pro ; 2.8GHz Intel Core i7 ; 16GB 1067MHz DDR3
   2012 Mac Pro ; 2 x 3.46GHz 6-Core Xeon ; 48GB
MacOS X 10.6.8 Snow Leopard :
   Mac Mini ; 2GHz Core 2 Duo (64 bit) ; 4GB (3GB actual) 667MHz
   Mac Mini ; 1.83GHz Core Duo (32 bit) ; 2GB 667Mhz
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [?bug?] PortGroup python 1.0

Bjarne D Mathiesen
In reply to this post by Chris Jones


Christopher Jones wrote:
>
> b.t.w. its also far from obvious (to me at least) why you have altered
> the port file in the way you have ? Whats you aim here… ?

It's because pypi i broken for 0.37.2
Also, to bring it in line with the newest version of certbot

see the threads
"[certbot] failure to download distfiles"
"[certbot] port upgrade fails"

&

https://github.com/Schamschula/macports/commit/2c9091b91e0980aeeb8f88faa00f118726bdc593#diff-86385aebec34f64191005da068e6ce83

>
> Chris
>

--
Bjarne D Mathiesen
Korsør ; Danmark ; Europa
----------------------------------------------------------------------
denne besked er skrevet i et (næsten) M$-frit miljø
MacOS X 10.13.6 High Sierra :
   17" 2011 MacBook Pro ; 2.8GHz Intel Core i7 ; 16GB 1067MHz DDR3
   2012 Mac Pro ; 2 x 3.46GHz 6-Core Xeon ; 48GB
MacOS X 10.6.8 Snow Leopard :
   Mac Mini ; 2GHz Core 2 Duo (64 bit) ; 4GB (3GB actual) 667MHz
   Mac Mini ; 1.83GHz Core Duo (32 bit) ; 2GB 667Mhz
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [?bug?] PortGroup python 1.0

ryandesign2
Administrator
In reply to this post by Bjarne D Mathiesen


On Sep 2, 2019, at 15:10, Bjarne D Mathiesen wrote:

I've got this :

file:///Volumes/Bjarne/WebServer/MacPorts/newPorts
rsync://rsync.macports.org/release/tarballs/ports.tar [default]

in my sources.conf

Please change the rsync line to:

rsync://rsync.macports.org/macports/release/tarballs/ports.tar [default]

The old URL without the "macports" top-level directory is deprecated and will be removed in the future. 
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re:[sources.conf] new macports default URL

Bjarne D Mathiesen
Ryan Schmidt wrote:

>
> On Sep 2, 2019, at 15:10, Bjarne D Mathiesen wrote:
>
>> I've got this :
>>
>> file:///Volumes/Bjarne/WebServer/MacPorts/newPorts
>> rsync://rsync.macports.org/release/tarballs/ports.tar [default]
>>
>> in my sources.conf
>
> Please change the rsync line to:
>
> rsync://rsync.macports.org/macports/release/tarballs/ports.tar [default]
>
> The old URL without the "macports" top-level directory is deprecated and
> will be removed in the future.

Done ! :-) Thanks :-)

--
Bjarne D Mathiesen
Korsør ; Danmark ; Europa
----------------------------------------------------------------------
denne besked er skrevet i et (næsten) M$-frit miljø
MacOS X 10.13.6 High Sierra :
   17" 2011 MacBook Pro ; 2.8GHz Intel Core i7 ; 16GB 1067MHz DDR3
   2012 Mac Pro ; 2 x 3.46GHz 6-Core Xeon ; 48GB
MacOS X 10.6.8 Snow Leopard :
   Mac Mini ; 2GHz Core 2 Duo (64 bit) ; 4GB (3GB actual) 667MHz
   Mac Mini ; 1.83GHz Core Duo (32 bit) ; 2GB 667Mhz