binary packages missing

Mark Moll
Hi,

For one of the packages I maintain, ompl, there are no recent binary packages, despite the port being redistributable. I suspect it’s due to a build time-out. The Python binding generation for the C++ library can take an hour or two during which very little output is generated. Is it possible to force an increase in build time for a particular build?

Mark

Re: binary packages missing

Mojca Miklavec-2
On 4 March 2017 at 20:12, Mark Moll wrote:
> Hi,
>
> For one of the packages I maintain, ompl, there are no recent binary packages, despite the port being redistributable. I suspect it’s due to a build time-out. The Python binding generation for the C++ library can take an hour or two during which very little output is generated. Is it possible to force an increase in build time for a particular build?

Let's wait for a quiet moment at buildbots, rerun a build of that port
and see what happens.
(I could start it now, but then you need to keep observing when the
build would start, so it's more convenient to find a moment when all
the builds start at the same time.)

Mojca

PS: please update the email of this mailing list in your address book.

Re: binary packages missing

Mojca Miklavec-2
On 4 March 2017 at 20:20, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> On 4 March 2017 at 20:12, Mark Moll wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> For one of the packages I maintain, ompl, there are no recent binary packages, despite the port being redistributable. I suspect it’s due to a build time-out. The Python binding generation for the C++ library can take an hour or two during which very little output is generated. Is it possible to force an increase in build time for a particular build?
>
> Let's wait for a quiet moment at buildbots, rerun a build of that port
> and see what happens.

https://build.macports.org/builders/ports-10.12_x86_64-watcher/builds/4029
https://build.macports.org/builders/ports-10.12_x86_64-builder/builds/22307

Re: binary packages missing

Mark Moll

> On Mar 4, 2017, at 2:52 PM, Mojca Miklavec <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On 4 March 2017 at 20:20, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>> On 4 March 2017 at 20:12, Mark Moll wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> For one of the packages I maintain, ompl, there are no recent binary packages, despite the port being redistributable. I suspect it’s due to a build time-out. The Python binding generation for the C++ library can take an hour or two during which very little output is generated. Is it possible to force an increase in build time for a particular build?
>>
>> Let's wait for a quiet moment at buildbots, rerun a build of that port
>> and see what happens.
>
> https://build.macports.org/builders/ports-10.12_x86_64-watcher/builds/4029
> https://build.macports.org/builders/ports-10.12_x86_64-builder/builds/22307
As expected, the build times out.

Mark

Re: binary packages missing

Joshua Root-8
Yes, it takes some time for the primary mirror to sync from the master
server. At least some of the packages are there now.

- Josh