b2sum source code and Autotools files

Jeffrey Walton
Hi Everyone/Ken,

BLAKE2's b2sum is available at https://github.com/BLAKE2/BLAKE2. In
particular, the latest tarball is available at
https://github.com/BLAKE2/BLAKE2/releases/tag/20190724. The 20190724
release includes SSE2, XOP, SSE4, AVX and NEON implementations.

There is an Autotools port from the makefiles to Autotools so
'configure && make && make check && make install' works as expected.
The files are available at https://github.com/BLAKE2/BLAKE2/pull/63. A
zip is available at https://github.com/BLAKE2/BLAKE2/issues/61. The
files are in public domain so there are no license encumbrances.

It should be fairly easy to add b2sum to MacPorts with the Autotools
front-end. (b2sum is currently missing from MacPorts).

Jeff

Re: b2sum source code and Autotools files

On Jun 25, 2020, at 05:08, Jeffrey Walton wrote:

> Hi Everyone/Ken,
>
> BLAKE2's b2sum is available at https://github.com/BLAKE2/BLAKE2. In
> particular, the latest tarball is available at
> https://github.com/BLAKE2/BLAKE2/releases/tag/20190724. The 20190724
> release includes SSE2, XOP, SSE4, AVX and NEON implementations.
>
> There is an Autotools port from the makefiles to Autotools so
> 'configure && make && make check && make install' works as expected.
> The files are available at https://github.com/BLAKE2/BLAKE2/pull/63. A
> zip is available at https://github.com/BLAKE2/BLAKE2/issues/61. The
> files are in public domain so there are no license encumbrances.
>
> It should be fairly easy to add b2sum to MacPorts with the Autotools
> front-end. (b2sum is currently missing from MacPorts).

I'm not sure if your message was in reference to some prior conversation, but if you're requesting that a port be added to MacPorts, then you should file a ticket for it in the issue tracker.

https://trac.macports.org/newticket