Quantcast

Xcode 4.3.2 License Problem

Frank Schima-3
Hi all,

I'm having a problem building the xorg-server-devel (or xorg-server) port. I'm on Mac OS X 10.7.3 with Xcode 4.3.2. Everything else builds fine, these are the only ports where I'm see in the problem.

Here is the error:

ake[3]: Entering directory `/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_mports_trunk_dports_x11_xorg-server-devel/xorg-server-devel/work/xorg-server-devel-1.12.99.0/hw/xquartz/mach-startup'
mig -sheader mach_startupServer.h ./mach_startup.defs
mig -sheader mach_startupServer.h ./mach_startup.defs

You have not agreed to the Xcode license agreements, please run xcodebuild standalone from within a Terminal window to review and agree to the Xcode license agreements.

You have not agreed to the Xcode license agreements, please run xcodebuild standalone from within a Terminal window to review and agree to the Xcode license agreements.
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/xcodebuild fails with 17664 - Unknown error: 17664

But I have definitely agreed to the Xcode license. I tried deleting ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.dt.Xcode.plist and re-agreeing to the Xcode license from the command line - with xcodebuild -license - but I still see this error.

How does it check if I agreed to the Xcode license? Any ideas why it thinks I have not?

For reference:
$ xcodebuild -version
Xcode 4.3.2
Build version 4E2002

Thanks!
Frank

Re: Xcode 4.3.2 License Problem

Jeremy Lavergne
> agreeing to the Xcode license from the command line - with xcodebuild -license - but I still see this error.

Did you use sudo for that?

smime.p7s (11K) Download Attachment

Re: Xcode 4.3.2 License Problem

Ryan Schmidt-24

On Apr 21, 2012, at 16:28, Jeremy Lavergne wrote:

>> agreeing to the Xcode license from the command line - with xcodebuild -license - but I still see this error.
>
> Did you use sudo for that?

You're not supposed to use sudo with that.

Re: Xcode 4.3.2 License Problem

Jeremy Huddleston Sequoia
You need to accept the XCode license.  My guess is that you're not using a recent version of base.  Update to 2.0.4.

You can accept the license for the whole system by running 'sudo xcodebuild -license'

On Apr 21, 2012, at 5:05 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On Apr 21, 2012, at 16:28, Jeremy Lavergne wrote:
>
>>> agreeing to the Xcode license from the command line - with xcodebuild -license - but I still see this error.
>>
>> Did you use sudo for that?
>
> You're not supposed to use sudo with that.

Nope, I did not use sudo.

Re: Xcode 4.3.2 License Problem

Frank Schima-3
I'm already using the latest base from trunk. Using sudo to accept the license worked.

Thanks!
Frank

On Apr 21, 2012, at 5:38 PM, Jeremy Huddleston wrote:

> You need to accept the XCode license.  My guess is that you're not using a recent version of base.  Update to 2.0.4.
>
> You can accept the license for the whole system by running 'sudo xcodebuild -license'
>

> On Apr 21, 2012, at 13:39, Frank Schima <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>

>> I'm having a problem building the xorg-server-devel (or xorg-server) port. I'm on Mac OS X 10.7.3 with Xcode 4.3.2. Everything else builds fine, these are the only ports where I'm see in the problem.
>>
>> Here is the error:
>>
>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> ake[3]: Entering directory `/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_mports_trunk_dports_x11_xorg-server-devel/xorg-server-devel/work/xorg-server-devel-1.12.99.0/hw/xquartz/mach-startup'
>> mig -sheader mach_startupServer.h ./mach_startup.defs
>> mig -sheader mach_startupServer.h ./mach_startup.defs
>>
>> You have not agreed to the Xcode license agreements, please run xcodebuild standalone from within a Terminal window to review and agree to the Xcode license agreements.
>>
>> You have not agreed to the Xcode license agreements, please run xcodebuild standalone from within a Terminal window to review and agree to the Xcode license agreements.
>> /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/xcodebuild fails with 17664 - Unknown error: 17664
>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>> But I have definitely agreed to the Xcode license. I tried deleting ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.dt.Xcode.plist and re-agreeing to the Xcode license from the command line - with xcodebuild -license - but I still see this error.
>>
>> How does it check if I agreed to the Xcode license? Any ideas why it thinks I have not?
>>
>> For reference:
>> $ xcodebuild -version
>> Xcode 4.3.2
>> Build version 4E2002
>>

>> Thanks!
>> Frank

Re: Xcode 4.3.2 License Problem

Jeremy Huddleston Sequoia
Well if you were using trunk, then your user's acceptance status should've been copied to the build user's $HOME, and you shouldn't need to accept it as root.  Adding jmr since I think he wrote the code that deals with that case.

--Jeremy