WorkSrcDir Question

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

WorkSrcDir Question

Mark Anderson-10
So, I'm trying to update the Io Language port, and I get a worksrcdir of:
IoLanguage-io-b8a18fc

Is there a good way to figure that name out programatically, or change it? Or am I just stuck with it?

—Mark
_______________________
Mark E. Anderson <[hidden email]>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: WorkSrcDir Question

Ryan Schmidt-24


On Oct 27, 2018, at 16:09, Mark Anderson wrote:

> So, I'm trying to update the Io Language port, and I get a worksrcdir of:
> IoLanguage-io-b8a18fc
>
> Is there a good way to figure that name out programatically, or change it? Or am I just stuck with it?


The github portgroup, which I see the io port already uses, takes care of that for you. It renames the directory to something more predictable.


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: WorkSrcDir Question

Mark Anderson-10
I got this:
github PortGroup: Error: ${worksrcpath} does not exist after extracting distfiles. This might indicate that the author or project is different than set in the Portfile due to a rename at GitHub. Please examine the extracted directory in /opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_src_macports_macports-ports_lang_Io/Io/work and try to correct the Portfile by either changing the author or project or adding the worksrcdir option with the correct directory name.

How do I get a worksrcdir of IoLanguage-io-b8a18fc/ 

Do I have to change the Name of the Port? I run with Debug and couldn't see what happened.

—Mark
_______________________
Mark E. Anderson <[hidden email]>


On Sat, Oct 27, 2018 at 5:23 PM Ryan Schmidt <[hidden email]> wrote:


On Oct 27, 2018, at 16:09, Mark Anderson wrote:

> So, I'm trying to update the Io Language port, and I get a worksrcdir of:
> IoLanguage-io-b8a18fc
>
> Is there a good way to figure that name out programatically, or change it? Or am I just stuck with it?


The github portgroup, which I see the io port already uses, takes care of that for you. It renames the directory to something more predictable.


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: WorkSrcDir Question

Zero King-2
On Sat, Oct 27, 2018 at 08:53:55PM -0400, Mark Anderson wrote:

>I got this:
>github PortGroup: Error: ${worksrcpath} does not exist after extracting
>distfiles. This might indicate that the author or project is different than
>set in the Portfile due to a rename at GitHub. Please examine the extracted
>directory in
>/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_src_macports_macports-ports_lang_Io/Io/work
>and try to correct the Portfile by either changing the author or project or
>adding the worksrcdir option with the correct directory name.
>
>How do I get a worksrcdir of IoLanguage-io-b8a18fc/
Upstream moved their repository, you should use "github.setup IoLanguage io ..." now.

(from https://github.com/stevedekorte/io to https://github.com/IoLanguage/io)

>Do I have to change the Name of the Port? I run with Debug and couldn't see
>what happened.
>
>—Mark
>_______________________
>Mark E. Anderson <[hidden email]>
>
>
>On Sat, Oct 27, 2018 at 5:23 PM Ryan Schmidt <[hidden email]>
>wrote:
>
>>
>>
>> On Oct 27, 2018, at 16:09, Mark Anderson wrote:
>>
>> > So, I'm trying to update the Io Language port, and I get a worksrcdir of:
>> > IoLanguage-io-b8a18fc
>> >
>> > Is there a good way to figure that name out programatically, or change
>> it? Or am I just stuck with it?
>>
>>
>> The github portgroup, which I see the io port already uses, takes care of
>> that for you. It renames the directory to something more predictable.
>>
>>
>>
--
Zero

smime.p7s (4K) Download Attachment