Why does autoconf.cmd remove autotools?

Mojca Miklavec-2
I was facing a strange problem, glibtoolize not being found despite
libtool listed as a build dependency.

It turned out that autoconf.cmd removes dependencies on autoconf,
automake, libtool ...

Is there a good reason for that? Wouldn't it be safer to simply leave
the dependencies there, in particular if they have been listed by the
portfile?

It took me a while to figure out what exactly was going on.

https://trac.macports.org/ticket/54394

Re: Why does autoconf.cmd remove autotools?

Rainer Müller-4
On 2017-06-29 09:17, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> It turned out that autoconf.cmd removes dependencies on autoconf,
> automake, libtool ...
>
> Is there a good reason for that? Wouldn't it be safer to simply leave
> the dependencies there, in particular if they have been listed by the
> portfile?

The default dependencies could be wrong when choosing another executable.

https://trac.macports.org/ticket/17809