Quantcast

WebKitLegacy on iOS

Pavel Kapinos
Hi,

I am sorry for bothering here. I posted first on webkit-help, but it seems nobody is there, so I hope somebody from developers may give me a clue. Thank you!

I git WebKit from webkit.org build it for device and embedded WebKitLegacy and WebCore into iOS app. Then loaded and run app on device no problem! App instantiates WebView and loads URL into it and it all works great - except I can't add that instance of WebView as subview to UIView as it is a WAKView apparently Did I miss something here or when compiling and building WebKit? I need WebView as opposed to UIWebView WKWebView, as WebView can give access to DOM through the standard DOM bindings. Thank you very much!

Cheers,
Pavel.

Re: WebKitLegacy on iOS

Myles C. Maxfield-2
The iOS app review policy currently disallows custom builds of WebKit in any app on the App Store. Are you planning on submitting your app to the App Store?

—Myles