SoapySDR Port Not Installing Python Bindings

SoapySDR Port Not Installing Python Bindings

Kraus, Nicholas

Installing the SoapySDR port (with +python37, version 0.7.2_0) does not actually install the python bindings. Running ‘import SoapySDR’ in python (version 3.7.7) raises a ModuleNotFoundError.

No python files are found within the port contents for SoapySDR. Unfortunately the SoapySDR port doesn’t seem to provide any logs (‘port log’ returns no log found for SoapySDR), so I’m not sure where to start debugging this, as I don’t know how to view any of the actual build outputs.

I’m running on MacOS 10.15.4, macports version 2.6.2. Please let me know if there’s anything else I should be trying, or if anyone knows what is going wrong.

Thanks, Nick

Re: SoapySDR Port Not Installing Python Bindings

On May 14, 2020, at 09:42, Kraus, Nicholas> wrote:

> Installing the SoapySDR port (with +python37, version 0.7.2_0) does not actually install the python bindings. Running ‘import SoapySDR’ in python (version 3.7.7) raises a ModuleNotFoundError.
>
> No python files are found within the port contents for SoapySDR.

Sounds like you should file a bug report in our issue tracker.

> Unfortunately the SoapySDR port doesn’t seem to provide any logs (‘port log’ returns no log found for SoapySDR), so I’m not sure where to start debugging this, as I don’t know how to view any of the actual build outputs.

MacPorts deletes the main.log after a successful installation unless you use the -k flag when installing. ("sudo port uninstall SoapySDR && sudo port -k install SoapySDR +python37")