Scheduled downtime on Jun 11, 8 UTC

Rainer Müller-4
Hello,

it has been a while since we did a full operating system upgrade on our server
braeburn.macports.org, which provides most of our self-hosted services. We are
taking the opportunity to do so this Thursday. As the duration is hard to
predict, the end date is a conservative estimation.

Start: 2020-06-11 08:00:00 UTC
End:   2020-06-11 16:00:00 UTC (expected)

You can convert the event to your local timezone here:
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20200611T08

mail forwards and the PR bot automation including log file storage from Travis.

GitHub can be used as usual, but any WebHook sent from GitHub to Trac during the
downtime will fail and will have to be re-triggered manually once the system is
online again. 'port selfupdate' and port updates in general will not be affected
and will work as usual.

As the mailing lists and mail forwards are going to be down, you can still reach
us on IRC in #macports on Freenode or via RocketChat at chat.macports.org during
the downtime.

Re: Scheduled downtime on Jun 11, 8 UTC

Rainer Müller-4
On 08/06/2020 20.03, Rainer Müller wrote:

> it has been a while since we did a full operating system upgrade on our server
> braeburn.macports.org, which provides most of our self-hosted services. We are
> taking the opportunity to do so this Thursday. As the duration is hard to
> predict, the end date is a conservative estimation.
>
> Start: 2020-06-11 08:00:00 UTC
> End:   2020-06-11 16:00:00 UTC (expected)
>
> You can convert the event to your local timezone here:
> https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20200611T08

> mail forwards and the PR bot automation including log file storage from Travis.
>
> GitHub can be used as usual, but any WebHook sent from GitHub to Trac during the
> downtime will fail and will have to be re-triggered manually once the system is
> online again. 'port selfupdate' and port updates in general will not be affected
> and will work as usual.

The maintenance is now finished. Website and guide were actually available the
whole time via the CDN. As you can read this, mailing lists and mail forwards
are also back again.

Trac is now deployed with a new threading workers approach based on gunicorn
that should hopefully improve performance and reduce memory usage. Please report
back if you get any errors or timeouts.

Rainer