SDK does not appear to be installed

Tom

SDK does not appear to be installed

Tom
Hello people,

what was the solution to this problem?
I cannot find the e-mail anymore.

Warning: The macOS 11.2 SDK does not appear to be installed. Ports may not build correctly.
Warning: You can install it as part of the Xcode Command Line Tools package by running `xcode-select --install'.

Re: SDK does not appear to be installed

Marius Schamschula-3
Indeed!

I just upgraded a machine to Big Sur, installed Xcode and the CLI tools. I got the same message. I used the reinstall procedure - no change.

My guess is that the CLI tools for 11.2 are not out yet.

On Feb 3, 2021, at 2:08 PM, Tom <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello people,

what was the solution to this problem?
I cannot find the e-mail anymore.

Warning: The macOS 11.2 SDK does not appear to be installed. Ports may not build correctly.
Warning: You can install it as part of the Xcode Command Line Tools package by running `xcode-select --install'.

Marius
--
Marius Schamschula

Re: SDK does not appear to be installed

Henning Hraban Ramm
For MacOS 10.14 (XCode 11.3) I solved the same problem by downloading the CLI tools from developer.apple.com and installing them.

Hraban

Tom

Re: SDK does not appear to be installed

Tom
That does not seem to work for Big Sur 11.2 and Xcode 12.4 this time.

> On 3. Feb 2021, at 22:33, Henning Hraban Ramm <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> For MacOS 10.14 (XCode 11.3) I solved the same problem by downloading the CLI tools from developer.apple.com and installing them.
>
> Hraban
>
>> Am 03.02.2021 um 21:12 schrieb Marius Schamschula <[hidden email]>:
>>
>> Indeed!
>>
>> I just upgraded a machine to Big Sur, installed Xcode and the CLI tools. I got the same message. I used the reinstall procedure - no change.
>>
>> My guess is that the CLI tools for 11.2 are not out yet.
>>
>>> On Feb 3, 2021, at 2:08 PM, Tom <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello people,
>>>
>>> what was the solution to this problem?
>>> I cannot find the e-mail anymore.

Re: SDK does not appear to be installed

Gary Palter
The release notes for Xcode 12.4 state that it includes the 11.1 SDK. Apparently, there’s no version of Xcode with an 11.2 SDK. (Xcode 12.5 has the 11.3 SDK.)

  - Gary

Gary Palter wrote:
> The release notes for Xcode 12.4 state that it includes the 11.1 SDK. Apparently, there’s no version of Xcode with an 11.2 SDK. (Xcode 12.5 has the 11.3 SDK.)

Right. At the time MacPorts 2.6.4 was released, it wasn't entirely clear
how the SDK versions (and OS versions) were going to progress now. So it
incorrectly assumes that the version in the SDK name that should be used
will match the first two segments of the OS version, which is how it
worked on previous macOS releases.

This will be fixed in an upcoming release. In the meantime, it's safe to
ignore the warning as long as you have the latest Xcode and Command Line
Tools, since MacPorts will fall back to using MacOSX.sdk.

Ensuring you have the latest Command Line Tools can actually be
challenging due to the Apple bug documented here:
<https://trac.macports.org/wiki/ProblemHotlist#reinstall-clt>

I don't know if it's fixed on Bug Sur, but the CLT receipt disappeared
again with the latest Catalina security update.

- Josh