Retro -- Tiger/Leopard PPC - libsdl2 infrastructure now available

Retro -- Tiger/Leopard PPC - libsdl2 infrastructure now available

Kenneth F. Cunningham
For those of you with some PPC systems around, the libsdl2 infrastructure (libsdl2, libsdl2_image, libsdl2_net, libsdl2_mixer, libsdl2_ttf) is a collection of supporting ports for a number of other ports, a lot of the them games, emulators, etc.

I finished porting the last of these items back to Tiger & Leopard PPC, and all appear to work correctly. This might open the door up for some other software you were hoping to install (like Pingus, for example, which works nicely).

For the moment, you can install the libsdl2 infrastructure from  this repo <https://github.com/kencu/TigerPorts> if you’re interested.

We’ll see what ports work and what doesn’t in the end, but libsdl is reasonably current at 2.0.3, and the others are the current versions, so we might be successful.

Best,

Re: Retro -- Tiger/Leopard PPC - libsdl2 infrastructure now available

Dominik Reichardt-3
Thanks, I'm offering snapshots for some SDL based stuff and if possible I still offer a universal build with ppc support.
Having SDL2 is great.

What's the holdup with SDL2? Upstream is about to release a new version any day now and that will be 2.0.6.

Thanks

Dom

Am 06.07.2017 um 09:38 schrieb Ken Cunningham <[hidden email]>:

[...]

Macports offers libsdl2 2.0.5 so it's right up to date.

The tiger/leopard port is another animal, tho. 2.0.3 might well be where that stays.... have to see.