Requested munt-mt32emu port file

Dominik Reichardt-3
Hi all,

yesterday I requested a port of Munt’s mt32emu library (munt.sourceforge.net)  at https://trac.macports.org/ticket/62166 and just added a working portfile https://trac.macports.org/attachment/ticket/62166/Portfile

What I didn’t manage to do:

- *kind of* had to hard code the master_sites link. I noticed other projects use “sourceforge:project/projectname” but however I did this it either did not find anything or grabbed a webpage.

- provide both a shared and static version of the library. By default a shared library gets build while you need to pass "-Dlibmt32emu_SHARED=FALSE” for the static one. But it’s either or, not both at the same time. I don’t know whether there is a way for two configure/build phases in one port file. But the shared one is the most important one anyway and if you think it is worthwhile to pursue, I can ask the Munt developer whether he could make it possible to have both.

Otherwise the library portfile is ready to be used I think (quick test worked on my system).

I am aiming to create a port file for the two Munt programs as well, but that is maybe a bit more of a challenge as the GUI program mt32emu-qt can be build against either QT4 and QT5 (other than that it is very straightforward with dependency on glib2 and optional JACK and Portaudio)

Cheers,

Dom

Re: Requested munt-mt32emu port file

MacPorts - Users mailing list
Hi Dominik,

Could you please create a pull request on GitHub for this? This method of contribution is „strongly preferred“ over trac tickets. See https://guide.macports.org/chunked/project.contributing.html.

What I didn’t manage to do:

- *kind of* had to hard code the master_sites link. I noticed other projects use “sourceforge:project/projectname” but however I did this it either did not find anything or grabbed a webpage.

The code for munt is also hosted on GitHub. I recommend using the GitHub port group which works very well in my experience. By doing that, you don’t need to configure master_sites and as a bonus you get the live check out of the box. See https://guide.macports.org/chunked/reference.portgroup.html for more information.

Regards,
Janosch

On Jan 28, 2021, at 06:13, Janosch Peters wrote:

>> yesterday I requested a port of Munt’s mt32emu library (munt.sourceforge.net)  at https://trac.macports.org/ticket/62166 and just added a working portfile https://trac.macports.org/attachment/ticket/62166/Portfile.
>
> Could you please create a pull request on GitHub for this? This method of contribution is „strongly preferred“ over trac tickets. See https://guide.macports.org/chunked/project.contributing.html.

If you can make a pull request that's great, but portfiles and/or patchfiles attached to ticket are still accepted.

>> What I didn’t manage to do:
>>
>> - *kind of* had to hard code the master_sites link. I noticed other projects use “sourceforge:project/projectname” but however I did this it either did not find anything or grabbed a webpage.

I've provided the correct value to use in your ticket.

> The code for munt is also hosted on GitHub. I recommend using the GitHub port group which works very well in my experience. By doing that, you don’t need to configure master_sites and as a bonus you get the live check out of the box. See https://guide.macports.org/chunked/reference.portgroup.html for more information.

Note that projects using sourceforge master_sites also get a default and often-working livecheck out of the box.

Using the github portgroup for software hosted at GitHub is indeed recommended. As to whether the download should be from GitHub or SourceForge, you'd have to compare the two distfiles and see if they're sufficiently equivalent.