Removing local ports from the registry

Mark Brethen-2
There are a number of local ports that I was developing that never came to fruition. Is it possible to remove them from the registry?

Mark Brethen

Re: Removing local ports from the registry

Ken Cunningham
if you uninstall them, and then delete them from your local portfile repository, then run portindex in that repository, you should see no sign of them again.

Ken

> On Nov 16, 2018, at 11:37 AM, Mark Brethen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> There are a number of local ports that I was developing that never came to fruition. Is it possible to remove them from the registry?
>

> Mark Brethen

Re: Removing local ports from the registry

Mark Brethen-2
And then I can manually remove their distfiles folders?

Mark Brethen
[hidden email]

> On Nov 16, 2018, at 1:45 PM, Ken Cunningham <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> if you uninstall them, and then delete them from your local portfile repository, then run portindex in that repository, you should see no sign of them again.
>
> Ken
>

>> On Nov 16, 2018, at 11:37 AM, Mark Brethen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> There are a number of local ports that I was developing that never came to fruition. Is it possible to remove them from the registry?
>>

>> Mark Brethen
>> [hidden email]

Re: Removing local ports from the registry

Ken Cunningham
sure.

Or do “sudo port clean PORTNAME —all” and macports will do it for you.

Ken

On Nov 16, 2018, at 13:37, Mark Brethen wrote:

> There are a number of local ports that I was developing that never came to fruition. Is it possible to remove them from the registry?

The registry only contains information about installed ports. To remove information about a port from the registry, uninstall it.

The portindex contains information about all ports in your ports tree. I do not know what happens when you delete a portfile from disk--I don't know if the next time you run the portindex command that deleted port will still be in the portindex or if it will be removed. If it remains, you can remove the portindex file and regenerate it from scratch.