Re: [macports-ports] branch master updated: atf: update to 0.21

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [macports-ports] branch master updated: atf: update to 0.21

Ryan Schmidt-24

On Mar 2, 2018, at 01:58, Ken wrote:

> Ken (kencu) pushed a commit to branch master
> in repository macports-ports.
>
>
> https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/commit/1677db90e20bc989731a2614ca659ecbb54b3b0c
>
> The following commit(s) were added to refs/heads/master by this push:
>
>      new 1677db9  atf: update to 0.21
>
> 1677db9 is described below
>
>
> commit 1677db90e20bc989731a2614ca659ecbb54b3b0c
>
> Author: Ken Cunningham
> AuthorDate: Thu Mar 1 23:56:22 2018 -0800
>
>
>     atf: update to 0.21
>
>    
>
>     change to github
>
>     add license
>
>     remove xmlcatmgr dep which appears no longer needed
>
> ---
>  devel/atf/Portfile | 21 ++++++++++-----------
>  1 file changed, 10 insertions(+), 11 deletions(-)

> +license                 netbsd

This is not a license MacPorts knows:

"atf" is not distributable because its license "netbsd" is not known to be distributable

Is this different from the BSD license?

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [macports-ports] branch master updated: atf: update to 0.21

Ryan Schmidt-24

On Mar 2, 2018, at 01:58, Ken wrote:

> +github.setup            jmmv atf 0.21
> +
> +# github.tarball_from downloads or releases does not set the mastersite correctly
> +master_sites            https://github.com/jmmv/atf/releases/download/${name}-${version}/

It does if you set the tag prefix. See:

https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/commit/c998339ff1ecd76f4e428efe8725083451f570f1

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [macports-ports] branch master updated: atf: update to 0.21

Ken Cunningham


On Mar 7, 2018, at 11:56 PM, Ryan Schmidt <[hidden email]> wrote:


On Mar 2, 2018, at 01:58, Ken wrote:

+github.setup            jmmv atf 0.21
+
+# github.tarball_from downloads or releases does not set the mastersite correctly
+master_sites            <a href="https://github.com/jmmv/atf/releases/download/${name}-${version}/" class="">https://github.com/jmmv/atf/releases/download/${name}-${version}/

It does if you set the tag prefix. See:

https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/commit/c998339ff1ecd76f4e428efe8725083451f570f1


That tag prefix doesn’t do quite what I thought it did, clearly. I thought it was needed to change the name of the distfile, which is somehow already set right. But indeed, adding the tag changes the full distfile URL from this


to 



I guess in future I can use `port distfiles PORTNAME` more often to try to debug what is going wrong….

K
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [macports-ports] branch master updated: atf: update to 0.21

Ryan Schmidt-24

On Mar 8, 2018, at 10:13, Ken Cunningham wrote:

> On Mar 7, 2018, at 11:56 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>
>> On Mar 2, 2018, at 01:58, Ken wrote:
>>
>>> +github.setup            jmmv atf 0.21
>>> +
>>> +# github.tarball_from downloads or releases does not set the mastersite correctly
>>> +master_sites            https://github.com/jmmv/atf/releases/download/${name}-${version}/
>>
>> It does if you set the tag prefix. See:
>>
>> https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/commit/c998339ff1ecd76f4e428efe8725083451f570f1
>
> That tag prefix doesn’t do quite what I thought it did, clearly. I thought it was needed to change the name of the distfile, which is somehow already set right. But indeed, adding the tag changes the full distfile URL from this
>
> https://github.com/jmmv/atf/releases/download/0.21/atf-0.21.tar.gz
>
> to
>
> https://github.com/jmmv/atf/releases/download/atf-0.21/atf-0.21.tar.gz
>
>
> I guess in future I can use `port distfiles PORTNAME` more often to try to debug what is going wrong….


The tag prefix is whatever string appears before the version number in this project's git tag names. GitHub suggests the tag prefix "v" so many projects use that. Many other projects use no prefix. This project's developers have chosen to use the prefix "atf-".

The github portgroup defaults distname to ${github.project}-${github.version}, similar to the way MacPorts base defaults distname to ${name}-${version} in other ports. When using github.tarball_from tarballs, which is the default, it does not matter what distname you specify. The GitHub server accepts any filename. The file you receive is not determined by the filename, but by the tag name. Usually you don't override distname when using github.tarball_from tarballs.

You are changing github.tarball_from to releases. GitHub imposes no naming convention for release downloads; developers can upload files with whatever names they want, so you need to override distname if the developer's file naming convention is not ${github.project}-${github.version}${extract.suffix}.

All as described in the portgroup's documentation :)

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [macports-ports] branch master updated: atf: update to 0.21

Ken Cunningham


> On Mar 8, 2018, at 08:21, Ryan Schmidt <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>
>> On Mar 8, 2018, at 10:13, Ken Cunningham wrote:
>>
>>> On Mar 7, 2018, at 11:56 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>>>
>>>> On Mar 2, 2018, at 01:58, Ken wrote:
>>>>
>>>> +github.setup            jmmv atf 0.21
>>>> +
>>>> +# github.tarball_from downloads or releases does not set the mastersite correctly
>>>> +master_sites            https://github.com/jmmv/atf/releases/download/${name}-${version}/
>>>
>>> It does if you set the tag prefix. See:
>>>
>>> https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/commit/c998339ff1ecd76f4e428efe8725083451f570f1
>>
>> That tag prefix doesn’t do quite what I thought it did, clearly. I thought it was needed to change the name of the distfile, which is somehow already set right. But indeed, adding the tag changes the full distfile URL from this
>>
>> https://github.com/jmmv/atf/releases/download/0.21/atf-0.21.tar.gz
>>
>> to
>>
>> https://github.com/jmmv/atf/releases/download/atf-0.21/atf-0.21.tar.gz
>>
>>
>> I guess in future I can use `port distfiles PORTNAME` more often to try to debug what is going wrong….
>
>
> The tag prefix is whatever string appears before the version number in this project's git tag names. GitHub suggests the tag prefix "v" so many projects use that. Many other projects use no prefix. This project's developers have chosen to use the prefix "atf-".
>
> The github portgroup defaults distname to ${github.project}-${github.version}, similar to the way MacPorts base defaults distname to ${name}-${version} in other ports. When using github.tarball_from tarballs, which is the default, it does not matter what distname you specify. The GitHub server accepts any filename. The file you receive is not determined by the filename, but by the tag name. Usually you don't override distname when using github.tarball_from tarballs.
>
> You are changing github.tarball_from to releases. GitHub imposes no naming convention for release downloads; developers can upload files with whatever names they want, so you need to override distname if the developer's file naming convention is not ${github.project}-${github.version}${extract.suffix}.
>
> All as described in the portgroup's documentation :)
>

what I didn't expect was how the filename was set right without the tag set, but with the tag set, the folder name before the file name it would be the only thing to change it's name.

Perhaps that makes perfect sense. If so, like Cool Hand Luke, I just have to get my "mind right"...

K