Re: [macports-ports] 03/04: textproc/terminal_markdown_viewer: new port

Re: [macports-ports] 03/04: textproc/terminal_markdown_viewer: new port

Ryan Schmidt-24

> On Mar 4, 2017, at 07:09, Aljaž Srebrnič <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Aljaž Srebrnič (g5pw) pushed a commit to branch master
> in repository macports-ports.
>

> https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/commit/f807864e8533c48c999bd8fcaa5451aa64dc5a07
>
> commit f807864e8533c48c999bd8fcaa5451aa64dc5a07
>
> Author: Aljaž "g5pw" Srebrnič <[hidden email]>
> AuthorDate: Sat Mar 4 13:17:05 2017 +0100
>

>     textproc/terminal_markdown_viewer: new port
>

>     Closes: https://trac.macports.org/ticket/53591

> +license             BSD-3-Clause

So far, we have only referred to this (and the 2-clause version) as "BSD". Referring to it by this other name causes it not to be distributable:

$ ~/macports/macports-infrastructure/jobs/port_binary_distributable.tcl -v terminal_markdown_viewer
"terminal_markdown_viewer" is not distributable because its license "bsd-3-clause" is not known to be distributable

If we are going to change how we refer to the BSD license in MacPorts, then we would have to update that script, and change the thousands of ports under that license. So maybe it's simpler to just continue to say "license BSD" in this port instead.

Re: [macports-ports] 03/04: textproc/terminal_markdown_viewer: new port

g5pw
> On 04 mar 2017, at 14:17, Ryan Schmidt <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> On Mar 4, 2017, at 07:09, Aljaž Srebrnič <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Aljaž Srebrnič (g5pw) pushed a commit to branch master
>> in repository macports-ports.
>>

>> https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/commit/f807864e8533c48c999bd8fcaa5451aa64dc5a07
>>
>> commit f807864e8533c48c999bd8fcaa5451aa64dc5a07
>>
>> Author: Aljaž "g5pw" Srebrnič <[hidden email]>
>> AuthorDate: Sat Mar 4 13:17:05 2017 +0100
>>

>>    textproc/terminal_markdown_viewer: new port
>>

>>    Closes: https://trac.macports.org/ticket/53591
>

>> +license             BSD-3-Clause
>
> So far, we have only referred to this (and the 2-clause version) as "BSD". Referring to it by this other name causes it not to be distributable:
>
> $ ~/macports/macports-infrastructure/jobs/port_binary_distributable.tcl -v terminal_markdown_viewer
> "terminal_markdown_viewer" is not distributable because its license "bsd-3-clause" is not known to be distributable
>
> If we are going to change how we refer to the BSD license in MacPorts, then we would have to update that script, and change the thousands of ports under that license. So maybe it's simpler to just continue to say "license BSD" in this port instead.

Well, yeah, they should be both distributable, so there’s no need to treat them separately. I’ll update the license momentarily. There should be no need to update the revision, right?

--
Aljaž Srebrnič a.k.a g5pw
My public key:  https://g5pw.me/key
Key fingerprint = 2109 8131 60CA 01AF 75EC  01BF E140 E1EE A54E E677

Re: [macports-ports] 03/04: textproc/terminal_markdown_viewer: new port

Ryan Schmidt-24

> On Mar 4, 2017, at 07:22, Aljaž Srebrnič <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> On 04 mar 2017, at 14:17, Ryan Schmidt <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>

>>> On Mar 4, 2017, at 07:09, Aljaž Srebrnič <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Aljaž Srebrnič (g5pw) pushed a commit to branch master
>>> in repository macports-ports.
>>>

>>> https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/commit/f807864e8533c48c999bd8fcaa5451aa64dc5a07
>>>
>>> commit f807864e8533c48c999bd8fcaa5451aa64dc5a07
>>>
>>> Author: Aljaž "g5pw" Srebrnič <[hidden email]>
>>> AuthorDate: Sat Mar 4 13:17:05 2017 +0100
>>>

>>>   textproc/terminal_markdown_viewer: new port
>>>

>>>   Closes: https://trac.macports.org/ticket/53591
>>

>>> +license             BSD-3-Clause
>>
>> So far, we have only referred to this (and the 2-clause version) as "BSD". Referring to it by this other name causes it not to be distributable:
>>
>> $ ~/macports/macports-infrastructure/jobs/port_binary_distributable.tcl -v terminal_markdown_viewer
>> "terminal_markdown_viewer" is not distributable because its license "bsd-3-clause" is not known to be distributable
>>
>> If we are going to change how we refer to the BSD license in MacPorts, then we would have to update that script, and change the thousands of ports under that license. So maybe it's simpler to just continue to say "license BSD" in this port instead.
>
> Well, yeah, they should be both distributable, so there’s no need to treat them separately. I’ll update the license momentarily. There should be no need to update the revision, right?

There should be no need to update the revision, however the buildbot will not distribute the archives until the revision or version changes; this is a bug tracked at https://trac.macports.org/ticket/53548 and was supposed to be fixed but the fix apparently doesn't work.

Re: [macports-ports] 03/04: textproc/terminal_markdown_viewer: new port

Joshua Root-8

Have you actually tried it lately?

Re: [macports-ports] 03/04: textproc/terminal_markdown_viewer: new port

Ryan Schmidt-24

> On Mar 4, 2017, at 07:41, Joshua Root <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On 2017-3-5 00:24 , Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>>
>>> On Mar 4, 2017, at 07:22, Aljaž Srebrnič <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Well, yeah, they should be both distributable, so there’s no need to treat them separately. I’ll update the license momentarily. There should be no need to update the revision, right?
>>
>> There should be no need to update the revision, however the buildbot will not distribute the archives until the revision or version changes; this is a bug tracked at https://trac.macports.org/ticket/53548 and was supposed to be fixed but the fix apparently doesn't work.
>
> Have you actually tried it lately?

I just did and it worked fine.

https://build.macports.org/builders/ports-10.6_i386_legacy-watcher/builds/5130