Re: Installing mysql5 php5 and apache2 variant questions?

Re: Installing mysql5 php5 and apache2 variant questions?

Ryan Schmidt-8
On Mar 28, 2006, at 10:10, Samuel V. Green III wrote:

> I have a successful install of apache2.2 via darwinports and it
> auto starts
> at boot relative to /opt/local/etc/launchdaemons/
> org.darwinports.apache2
>
> I next installed mysql5:
>
> It installed fine, but concerning the Portfile section:
>
> variant server {
> # Create a startupitem to start/stop the server
> startupitem.create yes
> startupitem.start "${prefix}/share/mysql5/mysql/mysql.server start"
> startupitem.stop "${prefix}/share/mysql5/mysql/mysql.server stop"
> }
>
> This didn't seem to be produced in my config?
> I don't see any "mysql.server start", or rather "startupitem.start"
> Do I have to create these?
>
> Concerning my "attempt" at a PHP5 install:
>
> During my config and build I'm seeing these:
>
> checking for MySQL support... no
> checking for specified location of the MySQL UNIX socket... no
>
> Apache 1.x module support via DSO through APXS... yes
>
> Apache 2.0 handler-module support via DSO through APXS... no
>
> I'm guessing that the MySQL support is due to mysql not running
> during my PHP build?
>
> With Apache 2.0 handler-module support:
>   Again does apache have to be running for the Portfile variant to
> take effect?:
>
> variant apache2 {
> depends_lib-append path:${prefix}/apache2/bin/apxs:apache2
> configure.args-append --with-apxs2=${prefix}/apache2/bin/apxs
> }

It sounds to me like you simply haven't specified the variants.

sudo port install mysql5 +server
sudo port install apache2
sudo port install php5 +apache2 +mysql5

The +server variant of mysql5 creates the startup item. The +apache2
variant of php5 says to build the apache2 module. The +mysql5 variant
says to use the installed mysql5 libraries.