Re: Building emacs-27 from source with AppKit, X windows, Gtk+ toolkit support...?

Re: Building emacs-27 from source with AppKit, X windows, Gtk+ toolkit support...?

Ken Cunningham
I think I found an answer to my own question on Stack Overflow.

The sad thing is that you had to go to / we had to send you to Stack Overflow to figure out how to use macports to build things...and I'm sure you're not alone.

Re: Building emacs-27 from source with AppKit, X windows, Gtk+ toolkit support...?

Carlo Tambuatco
LOL.

On Jun 4, 2020, at 01:11, Ken Cunningham wrote:

>> I think I found an answer to my own question on Stack Overflow.
>
> The sad thing is that you had to go to / we had to send you to Stack Overflow to figure out how to use macports to build things...and I'm sure you're not alone.

If we don't already have a section in the Guide explaining how to compile software outside of MacPorts using dependencies from MacPorts (i.e. by setting CFLAGS, CPPFLAGS, LDFLAGS, PKG_CONFIG_PATH) then that would be a good thing to add.