Re: ARM gdb compilation fails with implicit function declaration error ioctl

On Feb 17, 2021, at 15:49, Alex Alexandrov wrote:

> Hello.
> I have same problem with building gdb for macbook pro m1.
> Do you have any suggestions how to fix it?
> —
> Yours, Alex

As I said in my previous message from December:

* Don't forget to Reply All so the conversation stays on the list.

* Implicit function declarations are not allowed. Report the problem to the developers of the software in question so that they can fix it.

Re: ARM gdb compilation fails with implicit function declaration error ioctl

Dave Horsfall
On Fri, 19 Feb 2021, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

[...]

> As I said in my previous message from December:
>
> * Don't forget to Reply All so the conversation stays on the list.

Better still, set the reply to the list only?  I have a beef with "Reply
All" because I don't need my own personal copy.

It's a simple setting in Mailman.

-- Dave

On Feb 19, 2021, at 15:14, Dave Horsfall wrote:

> On Fri, 19 Feb 2021, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>
> [...]
>
>> As I said in my previous message from December:
>>
>> * Don't forget to Reply All so the conversation stays on the list.
>
> Better still, set the reply to the list only?  I have a beef with "Reply
> All" because I don't need my own personal copy.
>
> It's a simple setting in Mailman.

We've answered this question many times. Doing so would contravene internet standards so we won't do that.

https://woozle.org/papers/reply-to-still-harmful.html

On 19/02/2021 22.14, Dave Horsfall wrote:

> On Fri, 19 Feb 2021, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>
> [...]
>
>> As I said in my previous message from December:
>>
>> * Don't forget to Reply All so the conversation stays on the list.
>
> Better still, set the reply to the list only?  I have a beef with "Reply
> All" because I don't need my own personal copy.

You can disable the extra copy in your personal mailman preferences by disabling
duplicates. Mailman will then no longer send you a copy when your mail address
was already listed in To or CC.

https://www.list.org/mailman-member/node21.html

Re: ARM gdb compilation fails with implicit function declaration error ioctl

James Linder

> On 23 Feb 2021, at 10:08 pm, Rainer Müller <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On 19/02/2021 22.14, Dave Horsfall wrote:
>> On Fri, 19 Feb 2021, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>>
>> [...]
>>
>>> As I said in my previous message from December:
>>>
>>> * Don't forget to Reply All so the conversation stays on the list.
>>
>> Better still, set the reply to the list only?  I have a beef with "Reply
>> All" because I don't need my own personal copy.

I looked, and looked at the forums how do I reply to list only?

james

On Feb 23, 2021, at 15:44, James wrote:

> I looked, and looked at the forums how do I reply to list only?

Press the Reply All button, then delete the recipients you don't want to send to.

Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> On Feb 23, 2021, at 15:44, James wrote:
>
>> I looked, and looked at the forums how do I reply to list only?
>
> Press the Reply All button, then delete the recipients you don't want to send to.

Or use a client that has a Reply to List function.

- Josh