Re: [29283] trunk/dports/net/avahi/Portfile

Re: [29283] trunk/dports/net/avahi/Portfile

Anders F Björklund-2
> Revision
> 29283
> Author
> [hidden email]
> Date
> 2007-09-20 01:45:48 -0700 (Thu, 20 Sep 2007)
>
> Log Message
> Add pre-activate hook to create avahi user
> Bump revision since every avahi user needs this account on thier
> machines
>
> Modified Paths
> • trunk/dports/net/avahi/Portfile

Hmmm, these pre-activate and post-activate hooks
won't work with packages, as they are not exported.

Come to think of it, do they even work when using
installtype direct ? Not much to "activate" then...

--anders

Re: [29283] trunk/dports/net/avahi/Portfile

Daniel J. Luke
On Sep 20, 2007, at 5:33 AM, Anders F Björklund wrote:

>> Revision
>> 29283
>> Author
>> [hidden email]
>> Date
>> 2007-09-20 01:45:48 -0700 (Thu, 20 Sep 2007)
>>
>> Log Message
>> Add pre-activate hook to create avahi user
>> Bump revision since every avahi user needs this account on thier
>> machines
>>
>> Modified Paths
>> • trunk/dports/net/avahi/Portfile
>
> Hmmm, these pre-activate and post-activate hooks
> won't work with packages, as they are not exported.
>
> Come to think of it, do they even work when using
> installtype direct ? Not much to "activate" then...
nope, activate doesn't get called for direct mode.

They should probably be moved to pre/post destroot or pre/post install.
--
Daniel J. Luke
| *---------------- [hidden email] ----------------* |

PGP.sig (193 bytes) Download Attachment

Daniel J. Luke wrote:

>> Hmmm, these pre-activate and post-activate hooks
>> won't work with packages, as they are not exported.
>>
>> Come to think of it, do they even work when using
>> installtype direct ? Not much to "activate" then...
>
> nope, activate doesn't get called for direct mode.
>
> They should probably be moved to pre/post destroot or pre/post install.

Probably "install", adding users on the build machine doesn't help
very much when trying to install them on the final destination...

But pre-install and post-install do not even exist now, do they ?

--anders

On Sep 20, 2007, at 11:09 AM, Anders F Björklund wrote:
> Probably "install", adding users on the build machine doesn't help
> very much when trying to install them on the final destination...
>
> But pre-install and post-install do not even exist now, do they ?

no, they do. They've been there for a long time (since before images).