Quicktime Plugin Javascript API

Benoit Marchant
Hi

I've been trying to use the javascript API for the quicktime plugin in an XHTML transitional document with no luck. I've used the following markup:

<object name="Movie" width="600" height="600" type="video/quicktime" data="small.png">
<param name="src" value="small.png" />
<param name="AutoSize" value="1"/>
<param name="scale" value="aspect" />
<param name="controller" value="false" />
<param name="href" value="almost.png" />
<param name="target" value="OldCoverArt" />
<param name="bgcolor" value="transparent" />
<param name="enablejavascript" value="true"/>
</object>

which works great in WebKit and Firefox. I also tried the version with the embed inside an object tag, not working either.

for example, document. Movie.GetQuickTimeVersion(); and GetQuickTimeVersion doesn't exist on that object.

Is that suppose to work, if yes would someone have some clue?

Thanks in advance,

Benoit

Re: Quicktime Plugin Javascript API

rcater
I was getting the same error until I discovered that placing the object element inside a hidden div was causing the problem. Once the plugin becomes visible the Javascript interface appears to become active. I found a small working example here which clued me into what was happening.

Benoit Marchant wrote

I tried what is described here (http://developer.apple.com/documentation/QuickTime/Conceptual/QTScripting_JavaScript/QTScripting_JavaScript.pdf
)