Position on emerging standard: Declarative Shadow DOM

Position on emerging standard: Declarative Shadow DOM

Mason Freed
Hello WebKit!

I would like to request an official WebKit position on the Declarative Shadow DOM proposal. There have been some great comments and discussion from WebKit folks on the issue thread, but it is a bit unclear whether the overall proposal is something WebKit would support. This was brought up and discussed, e.g., on the DOM spec PR here: https://github.com/whatwg/dom/pull/858#issuecomment-623735890

Please see below for all of the relevant supporting documents and discussions.

WhatWG DOM Issue discussion: https://github.com/whatwg/dom/issues/831

Thanks,
Mason Freed

Re: Position on emerging standard: Declarative Shadow DOM

Mason Freed
Hello WebKit folks,

I just wanted to quickly ping this thread to see if there was any interest in posting a position on declarative Shadow DOM. My original post here didn't gather much feedback. :-)

Thanks,
Mason

On Tue, May 26, 2020 at 12:11 PM Mason Freed <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello WebKit!

I would like to request an official WebKit position on the Declarative Shadow DOM proposal. There have been some great comments and discussion from WebKit folks on the issue thread, but it is a bit unclear whether the overall proposal is something WebKit would support. This was brought up and discussed, e.g., on the DOM spec PR here: https://github.com/whatwg/dom/pull/858#issuecomment-623735890

Please see below for all of the relevant supporting documents and discussions.

WhatWG DOM Issue discussion: https://github.com/whatwg/dom/issues/831

Thanks,
Mason Freed

Re: Position on emerging standard: Declarative Shadow DOM

Ryosuke Niwa-2
Hi,

Sorry for the late reply. I've been on a medical leave. I just
commented on https://github.com/whatwg/dom/issues/831

- R. Niwa