Ports emacs and emacs-devel Question

MacPorts - Users mailing list
Both ports are working beautifully for me from the most recent 11_arm64 builds,
and I am currently using emacs-devel.
From a standard XQuartz xterm neither emacs command opens a new window.

This is easily worked around with an alias such as
alias xemacs="xterm -e emacs $*”
a shell script containing
xterm -e emacs $@ &

However, I wonder if there is some Security configuration I need to tweak on my
Apple M1 MacOS 12.2.1 with XQuartz 2.8.0_beta3?

Thanks,
jw

Re: Ports emacs and emacs-devel Question

Dan Ports-6
Belatedly answering...

On Thu, Feb 18, 2021 at 12:03:28PM -0500, John Wiggins via macports-users wrote:
> From a standard XQuartz xterm neither emacs command opens a new window.

By default, the emacs and emacs-devel ports install the text-only
console variant. If you'd like a X11 version, you can install the port
with the +gtk (more modern) or +x11 (older, lighterweight) variant.

Dan

Dan R. K. Ports                                      https://drkp.net/

Re: Ports emacs and emacs-devel Question

MacPorts - Users mailing list
Thanks, the +x11 works very nicely for me.
(Just started using macports and did not know about the variants options.)