Port submission for aidadoc

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
15 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Port submission for aidadoc

Bernard Desgraupes-2
Hi,

I have submitted, three weeks ago, a new port via a submission ticket (https://trac.macports.org/ticket/55808) but it doesn't seem to have received any attention.
It concerns the aidadoc project (see https://sourceforge.net/projects/aidadoc).
No rush but could someone review my ticket ?
Thanks in advance,
cheers,
Bernard

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Port submission for aidadoc

Mojca Miklavec-2
Dear Bernard,

On 5 March 2018 at 12:06, Bernard Desgraupes wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have submitted, three weeks ago, a new port via a submission ticket (https://trac.macports.org/ticket/55808) but it doesn't seem to have received any attention.
> It concerns the aidadoc project (see https://sourceforge.net/projects/aidadoc).
> No rush but could someone review my ticket ?
> Thanks in advance,

Thanks for the reminder.

As it turns out lately there are a couple more people who follow
GitHub Pull requests more regularly than the Trac tickets (or should I
say: the 1 plus epsilon people who merge most pull requests look
exclusively on GitHub), so despide the two submission options
supposedly being equal, the chances of getting feedback are much
higher on GitHub.

Mojca
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Port submission for aidadoc

Bernard Desgraupes-2
Dear Mojca,

thank you for your kind reply and all the suggestions you made on the ticket. I’ll fix my PortFile accordingly and resubmit later.
Cheers,
Bernard

Le 5 mars 2018 à 12:22, Mojca Miklavec <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> Dear Bernard,
>
> On 5 March 2018 at 12:06, Bernard Desgraupes wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have submitted, three weeks ago, a new port via a submission ticket (https://trac.macports.org/ticket/55808) but it doesn't seem to have received any attention.
>> It concerns the aidadoc project (see https://sourceforge.net/projects/aidadoc).
>> No rush but could someone review my ticket ?
>> Thanks in advance,
>
> Thanks for the reminder.
>
> As it turns out lately there are a couple more people who follow
> GitHub Pull requests more regularly than the Trac tickets (or should I
> say: the 1 plus epsilon people who merge most pull requests look
> exclusively on GitHub), so despide the two submission options
> supposedly being equal, the chances of getting feedback are much
> higher on GitHub.
>
> Mojca

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Port submission for aidadoc

Bernard Desgraupes-2
In reply to this post by Mojca Miklavec-2
Dear Mojca,

I have made the recommended fixes and have just been attaching the modified Portfile (added as Portfile.2).
This is Ticket #55808:  https://trac.macports.org/ticket/55808

cheers,
Bernard

Le 5 mars 2018 à 12:22, Mojca Miklavec <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> Dear Bernard,
>
> On 5 March 2018 at 12:06, Bernard Desgraupes wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have submitted, three weeks ago, a new port via a submission ticket (https://trac.macports.org/ticket/55808) but it doesn't seem to have received any attention.
>> It concerns the aidadoc project (see https://sourceforge.net/projects/aidadoc).
>> No rush but could someone review my ticket ?
>> Thanks in advance,
>
> Thanks for the reminder.
>
> As it turns out lately there are a couple more people who follow
> GitHub Pull requests more regularly than the Trac tickets (or should I
> say: the 1 plus epsilon people who merge most pull requests look
> exclusively on GitHub), so despide the two submission options
> supposedly being equal, the chances of getting feedback are much
> higher on GitHub.
>
> Mojca

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Port submission for aidadoc

Mojca Miklavec-2
On 6 March 2018 at 09:10, Bernard Desgraupes wrote:
> Dear Mojca,
>
> I have made the recommended fixes and have just been attaching the modified Portfile (added as Portfile.2).
> This is Ticket #55808:  https://trac.macports.org/ticket/55808

Thanks, but for some reason I'm unable to download the file from
SourceForge at the moment (it gets me some strange html file), so it's
a bit more difficult to proceed. The command looks correct unless I'm
missing something:

--->  Attempting to fetch aida-1.4.2-src.tar.bz2 from
http://freefr.dl.sourceforge.net/projects/aidadoc/files/1.4.2/

The files are here:
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/aidadoc/files/1.4.2/

I have a question for others: what's the "correct" way to run
    autoheader
    autoconf
before configure? We do have autoconf.cmd for example, but I'm not
sure about the best way to run more than one commands (unless I misuse
automake.cmd :)

Mojca
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Port submission for aidadoc

Joshua Root-8
On 2018-3-6 19:27 , Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> I have a question for others: what's the "correct" way to run
>     autoheader
>     autoconf
> before configure? We do have autoconf.cmd for example, but I'm not
> sure about the best way to run more than one commands (unless I misuse
> automake.cmd :)

This is what autoreconf does.

- Josh
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Port submission for aidadoc

Bernard Desgraupes-2
So, if I understand correctly, writing:
use_autoreconf        yes

would enough to replace the following:
pre-configure {
    system -W ${build.dir} autoheader
}
use_autoconf        yes

Am I right ?

Thanks,
Bernard


Le 6 mars 2018 à 10:17, Joshua Root <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> On 2018-3-6 19:27 , Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>> I have a question for others: what's the "correct" way to run
>>    autoheader
>>    autoconf
>> before configure? We do have autoconf.cmd for example, but I'm not
>> sure about the best way to run more than one commands (unless I misuse
>> automake.cmd :)
>
> This is what autoreconf does.
>
> - Josh

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Port submission for aidadoc

Joshua Root-8
On 2018-3-6 20:23 , Bernard Desgraupes wrote:

> So, if I understand correctly, writing:
> use_autoreconf        yes
>
> would enough to replace the following:
> pre-configure {
>     system -W ${build.dir} autoheader
> }
> use_autoconf        yes
>
> Am I right ?

In most cases yes.

- Josh
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Port submission for aidadoc

Mojca Miklavec-2
On 6 March 2018 at 10:47, Joshua Root wrote:

> On 2018-3-6 20:23 , Bernard Desgraupes wrote:
>> So, if I understand correctly, writing:
>> use_autoreconf        yes
>>
>> would enough to replace the following:
>> pre-configure {
>>     system -W ${build.dir} autoheader
>> }
>> use_autoconf        yes
>>
>> Am I right ?
>
> In most cases yes.

Thank you.

The port is now committed.
Btw, the master_sites was not set properly. Bernard: I assume you
downloaded the file manually?

Mojca
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Port submission for aidadoc

Bernard Desgraupes-2
Mojca,

thank you very much for reviewing this port.

The other two checksums (if needed) are
    md5    28acc622599ae70bd9027fd80cf9f9b8
    sha1    aece1dbfdc342c63995a1bf7d7de525067038748

I don’t know why the download fails.
Indeed I already have a dist file locally in /opt/local/var/macports/distfiles/aidadoc (probably as a result of previous attempts with my portfile) and this is probably why ‘port install’ seems to skip the fetch phase when I test on my machine.

I don’t really understand how the master-sites command works when it says
master_sites            sourceforge:projects/aidadoc/files/${version}/

The « real » download URL is https://sourceforge.net/projects/aidadoc/files/1.4.2/aida-1.4.2-src.tar.bz2/download

I ran ‘port distcheck aidadoc’ and it shows a lot of URLs like
http://heanet.dl.sourceforge.net/projects/aidadoc/files/1.4.2/aida-1.4.2-src.tar.bz2

but http://heanet.dl.sourceforge.net is not http://sourceforge.net so this is beyond my understanding.

Bernard


Le 6 mars 2018 à 15:58, Mojca Miklavec <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> On 6 March 2018 at 10:47, Joshua Root wrote:
>> On 2018-3-6 20:23 , Bernard Desgraupes wrote:
>>> So, if I understand correctly, writing:
>>> use_autoreconf        yes
>>>
>>> would enough to replace the following:
>>> pre-configure {
>>>    system -W ${build.dir} autoheader
>>> }
>>> use_autoconf        yes
>>>
>>> Am I right ?
>>
>> In most cases yes.
>
> Thank you.
>
> The port is now committed.
> Btw, the master_sites was not set properly. Bernard: I assume you
> downloaded the file manually?
>
> Mojca

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Port submission for aidadoc

Joshua Root-8
On 2018-3-7 06:52 , Bernard Desgraupes wrote:
> I don’t really understand how the master-sites command works when it says
> master_sites            sourceforge:projects/aidadoc/files/${version}/
>
> The « real » download URL is https://sourceforge.net/projects/aidadoc/files/1.4.2/aida-1.4.2-src.tar.bz2/download
>
> I ran ‘port distcheck aidadoc’ and it shows a lot of URLs like
> http://heanet.dl.sourceforge.net/projects/aidadoc/files/1.4.2/aida-1.4.2-src.tar.bz2
>
> but http://heanet.dl.sourceforge.net is not http://sourceforge.net so this is beyond my understanding.

The "real" URL actually redirects to one of sourceforge's mirrors based
on geolocation. You can watch this happen with curl:

% curl -IL
https://sourceforge.net/projects/aidadoc/files/1.4.2/aida-1.4.2-src.tar.bz2/download
HTTP/1.1 302 Found
Server: nginx/1.13.9
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2018 20:00:47 GMT
Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8
Content-Length: 15823
Connection: keep-alive
Pragma: no-cache
Cache-Control: no-cache
X-UA-Compatible: IE=edge,chrome=1
X-Frame-Options: SAMEORIGIN
Content-Security-Policy: upgrade-insecure-requests
Set-Cookie: VISITOR=76b59e5a-2aa8-4028-8512-eef714df8635; expires="Fri,
03-Mar-2028 20:00:47 GMT"; httponly; Max-Age=315360000; Path=/
Set-cookie:
sourceforge=0ccfa617566af207bda51c71eebcf1d47ce2b2cdgAJ9cQEoVQVwcmVmc3ECfXEDVQ5fYWNjZXNzZWRfdGltZXEER0HWp7zb+P4NVQNrZXlxBVUkNzZiNTllNWEtMmFhOC00MDI4LTg1MTItZWVmNzE0ZGY4NjM1cQZVDl9jcmVhdGlvbl90aW1lcQdHQdanvNv4/glVA19pZHEIVSBmMjg1ZWRlYTdiZWU0MDdlYTE0ODk3ZjAxZTg3OTViNnEJdS4=;
expires=Tue, 19-Jan-2038 03:14:07 GMT; httponly; Path=/; secure
Location:
https://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/aidadoc/1.4.2/aida-1.4.2-src.tar.bz2?r=&ts=1520366447&use_mirror=excellmedia
X-Content-Type-Options: nosniff
Strict-Transport-Security: max-age=31536000

HTTP/1.1 302 Found
Server: nginx/1.13.9
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2018 20:00:48 GMT
Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8
Connection: keep-alive
content-disposition: attachment; filename="aida-1.4.2-src.tar.bz2"
Set-Cookie:
sf_mirror_attempt="aidadoc:excellmedia:1.4.2/aida-1.4.2-src.tar.bz2";
expires="Tue, 06-Mar-2018 20:02:48 GMT"; Max-Age=120; Path=/
Location:
https://excellmedia.dl.sourceforge.net/project/aidadoc/1.4.2/aida-1.4.2-src.tar.bz2

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2018 20:00:49 GMT
Server: Apache/2.2.15 (CentOS)
Last-Modified: Tue, 04 Oct 2016 18:58:07 GMT
ETag: "317d7b-18801-53e0ea4172dc0"
Accept-Ranges: bytes
Content-Length: 100353
Connection: close
Content-Type: application/octet-stream

- Josh
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Port submission for aidadoc

Bernard Desgraupes-2
Dear Joshua,

thank you for the insight. Everything is clear now and I discover the -I and -L options of curl by the way, very handy !

I thought that maybe the download issues encountered by Mojca are a result of the recent DoS attack on Sourceforge (see https://twitter.com/sfnet_ops) which may have affected the mirrors too. Just a guess.

Cheers,
Bernard  

Le 6 mars 2018 à 21:04, Joshua Root <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> On 2018-3-7 06:52 , Bernard Desgraupes wrote:
>> I don’t really understand how the master-sites command works when it says
>> master_sites            sourceforge:projects/aidadoc/files/${version}/
>>
>> The « real » download URL is https://sourceforge.net/projects/aidadoc/files/1.4.2/aida-1.4.2-src.tar.bz2/download
>>
>> I ran ‘port distcheck aidadoc’ and it shows a lot of URLs like
>> http://heanet.dl.sourceforge.net/projects/aidadoc/files/1.4.2/aida-1.4.2-src.tar.bz2
>>
>> but http://heanet.dl.sourceforge.net is not http://sourceforge.net so this is beyond my understanding.
>
> The "real" URL actually redirects to one of sourceforge's mirrors based
> on geolocation. You can watch this happen with curl:
>
> % curl -IL
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/aidadoc/files/1.4.2/aida-1.4.2-src.tar.bz2/download
> HTTP/1.1 302 Found
> Server: nginx/1.13.9
> Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2018 20:00:47 GMT
> Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8
> Content-Length: 15823
> Connection: keep-alive
> Pragma: no-cache
> Cache-Control: no-cache
> X-UA-Compatible: IE=edge,chrome=1
> X-Frame-Options: SAMEORIGIN
> Content-Security-Policy: upgrade-insecure-requests
> Set-Cookie: VISITOR=76b59e5a-2aa8-4028-8512-eef714df8635; expires="Fri,
> 03-Mar-2028 20:00:47 GMT"; httponly; Max-Age=315360000; Path=/
> Set-cookie:
> sourceforge=0ccfa617566af207bda51c71eebcf1d47ce2b2cdgAJ9cQEoVQVwcmVmc3ECfXEDVQ5fYWNjZXNzZWRfdGltZXEER0HWp7zb+P4NVQNrZXlxBVUkNzZiNTllNWEtMmFhOC00MDI4LTg1MTItZWVmNzE0ZGY4NjM1cQZVDl9jcmVhdGlvbl90aW1lcQdHQdanvNv4/glVA19pZHEIVSBmMjg1ZWRlYTdiZWU0MDdlYTE0ODk3ZjAxZTg3OTViNnEJdS4=;
> expires=Tue, 19-Jan-2038 03:14:07 GMT; httponly; Path=/; secure
> Location:
> https://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/aidadoc/1.4.2/aida-1.4.2-src.tar.bz2?r=&ts=1520366447&use_mirror=excellmedia
> X-Content-Type-Options: nosniff
> Strict-Transport-Security: max-age=31536000
>
> HTTP/1.1 302 Found
> Server: nginx/1.13.9
> Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2018 20:00:48 GMT
> Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8
> Connection: keep-alive
> content-disposition: attachment; filename="aida-1.4.2-src.tar.bz2"
> Set-Cookie:
> sf_mirror_attempt="aidadoc:excellmedia:1.4.2/aida-1.4.2-src.tar.bz2";
> expires="Tue, 06-Mar-2018 20:02:48 GMT"; Max-Age=120; Path=/
> Location:
> https://excellmedia.dl.sourceforge.net/project/aidadoc/1.4.2/aida-1.4.2-src.tar.bz2
>
> HTTP/1.1 200 OK
> Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2018 20:00:49 GMT
> Server: Apache/2.2.15 (CentOS)
> Last-Modified: Tue, 04 Oct 2016 18:58:07 GMT
> ETag: "317d7b-18801-53e0ea4172dc0"
> Accept-Ranges: bytes
> Content-Length: 100353
> Connection: close
> Content-Type: application/octet-stream
>
> - Josh

G A
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Port submission for aidadoc

G A
I'd set a no cache flag so you don't get lots of cookie and cache garbage

> On Mar 6, 2018, at 22:15, Bernard Desgraupes <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Dear Joshua,
>
> thank you for the insight. Everything is clear now and I discover the -I and -L options of curl by the way, very handy !
>
> I thought that maybe the download issues encountered by Mojca are a result of the recent DoS attack on Sourceforge (see https://twitter.com/sfnet_ops) which may have affected the mirrors too. Just a guess.
>
> Cheers,
> Bernard  
>
>> Le 6 mars 2018 à 21:04, Joshua Root <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>>
>>> On 2018-3-7 06:52 , Bernard Desgraupes wrote:
>>> I don’t really understand how the master-sites command works when it says
>>> master_sites            sourceforge:projects/aidadoc/files/${version}/
>>>
>>> The « real » download URL is https://sourceforge.net/projects/aidadoc/files/1.4.2/aida-1.4.2-src.tar.bz2/download
>>>
>>> I ran ‘port distcheck aidadoc’ and it shows a lot of URLs like
>>> http://heanet.dl.sourceforge.net/projects/aidadoc/files/1.4.2/aida-1.4.2-src.tar.bz2
>>>
>>> but http://heanet.dl.sourceforge.net is not http://sourceforge.net so this is beyond my understanding.
>>
>> The "real" URL actually redirects to one of sourceforge's mirrors based
>> on geolocation. You can watch this happen with curl:
>>
>> % curl -IL
>> https://sourceforge.net/projects/aidadoc/files/1.4.2/aida-1.4.2-src.tar.bz2/download
>> HTTP/1.1 302 Found
>> Server: nginx/1.13.9
>> Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2018 20:00:47 GMT
>> Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8
>> Content-Length: 15823
>> Connection: keep-alive
>> Pragma: no-cache
>> Cache-Control: no-cache
>> X-UA-Compatible: IE=edge,chrome=1
>> X-Frame-Options: SAMEORIGIN
>> Content-Security-Policy: upgrade-insecure-requests
>> Set-Cookie: VISITOR=76b59e5a-2aa8-4028-8512-eef714df8635; expires="Fri,
>> 03-Mar-2028 20:00:47 GMT"; httponly; Max-Age=315360000; Path=/
>> Set-cookie:
>> sourceforge=0ccfa617566af207bda51c71eebcf1d47ce2b2cdgAJ9cQEoVQVwcmVmc3ECfXEDVQ5fYWNjZXNzZWRfdGltZXEER0HWp7zb+P4NVQNrZXlxBVUkNzZiNTllNWEtMmFhOC00MDI4LTg1MTItZWVmNzE0ZGY4NjM1cQZVDl9jcmVhdGlvbl90aW1lcQdHQdanvNv4/glVA19pZHEIVSBmMjg1ZWRlYTdiZWU0MDdlYTE0ODk3ZjAxZTg3OTViNnEJdS4=;
>> expires=Tue, 19-Jan-2038 03:14:07 GMT; httponly; Path=/; secure
>> Location:
>> https://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/aidadoc/1.4.2/aida-1.4.2-src.tar.bz2?r=&ts=1520366447&use_mirror=excellmedia
>> X-Content-Type-Options: nosniff
>> Strict-Transport-Security: max-age=31536000
>>
>> HTTP/1.1 302 Found
>> Server: nginx/1.13.9
>> Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2018 20:00:48 GMT
>> Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8
>> Connection: keep-alive
>> content-disposition: attachment; filename="aida-1.4.2-src.tar.bz2"
>> Set-Cookie:
>> sf_mirror_attempt="aidadoc:excellmedia:1.4.2/aida-1.4.2-src.tar.bz2";
>> expires="Tue, 06-Mar-2018 20:02:48 GMT"; Max-Age=120; Path=/
>> Location:
>> https://excellmedia.dl.sourceforge.net/project/aidadoc/1.4.2/aida-1.4.2-src.tar.bz2
>>
>> HTTP/1.1 200 OK
>> Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2018 20:00:49 GMT
>> Server: Apache/2.2.15 (CentOS)
>> Last-Modified: Tue, 04 Oct 2016 18:58:07 GMT
>> ETag: "317d7b-18801-53e0ea4172dc0"
>> Accept-Ranges: bytes
>> Content-Length: 100353
>> Connection: close
>> Content-Type: application/octet-stream
>>
>> - Josh
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Port submission for aidadoc

Ryan Schmidt-24

On Mar 7, 2018, at 00:43, G Alexander wrote:

> I'd set a no cache flag so you don't get lots of cookie and cache garbage

Huh?

G A
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Port submission for aidadoc

G A
-H

> On Mar 7, 2018, at 03:24, Ryan Schmidt <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>
>> On Mar 7, 2018, at 00:43, G Alexander wrote:
>>
>> I'd set a no cache flag so you don't get lots of cookie and cache garbage
>
> Huh?
>