Older buildbots "unable to create an executable file"

Older buildbots "unable to create an executable file"

pvr4me
Hi:

I updated the avidemux port to 2.7.6 and the older buildbots are falling over.  The port built successfully on the 10.10 and newer builbots.  (Well, except arm64 but that’s a different problem and I’ve contacted upstream.)  On 10.9 and older, it fails while configuring an embedded (patched) version of ffmpeg claiming that the C compiler is unable to create an executable file.  I’m at a loss trying to understand why the older builders are different from the newer ones.  Our port of ffmpeg builds successfully on everything but arm and I’m not seeing any obvious patches or accommodations to help the older builders.

The following are snippets from the 10.9 and 10.6-x86_64 build logs.

https://build.macports.org/builders/ports-10.9_x86_64-builder/builds/138205/steps/install-port/logs/stdio -

-- Configuring FFmpeg

CMake Error at /opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_bblocal_var_buildworker_ports_build_ports_multimedia_avidemux/avidemux/work/avidemux_2.7.6/cmake/admFFmpegBuild_helpers.cmake:282 (MESSAGE):
  configure returned <1>
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  /opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_bblocal_var_buildworker_ports_build_ports_multimedia_avidemux/avidemux/work/avidemux_2.7.6/cmake/admFFmpegBuild_native.cmake:57 (ADM_FF_BUILD_UNIX_STYLE)
  /opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_bblocal_var_buildworker_ports_build_ports_multimedia_avidemux/avidemux/work/avidemux_2.7.6/cmake/admFFmpegBuild.cmake:16 (include)
  CMakeLists.txt:94 (include)

CMake Error at /opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_bblocal_var_buildworker_ports_build_ports_multimedia_avidemux/avidemux/work/avidemux_2.7.6/cmake/admFFmpegBuild_helpers.cmake:283 (MESSAGE):
  configure output is </usr/bin/clang is unable to create an executable file.

https://build.macports.org/builders/ports-10.6_x86_64-builder/builds/47419/steps/install-port/logs/stdio

[same as above...]
CMake Error at /opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_bblocal_var_buildworker_ports_build_ports_multimedia_avidemux/avidemux/work/avidemux_2.7.6/cmake/admFFmpegBuild_helpers.cmake:283 (MESSAGE):
  configure output is </opt/local/bin/clang-mp-9.0 is unable to create an
  executable file.

Any help gratefully accepted!

Craig

Re: Older buildbots "unable to create an executable file"

Ken Cunningham
[same as above...]
CMake Error at /opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_bblocal_var_buildworker_ports_build_ports_multimedia_avidemux/avidemux/work/avidemux_2.7.6/cmake/admFFmpegBuild_helpers.cmake:283 (MESSAGE):
configure output is </opt/local/bin/clang-mp-9.0 is unable to create an
executable file.

avidemux builds it's own copy of ffmpeg, and doesn't use our MacPorts tweaks to do so.

This particular error is caused by it forcing the use of fsanitize on darwin builds.

On older systems, the santizers don't build, the santizer library is not found, and the fsantize option dies a horrible death.

Patching that out was easy.

But then there were other errors building the bundled ffmpeg that came after.

So I personally just pegged avidemux at the last version for now <https://github.com/kencu/SnowLeopardPorts/commit/99bc24c06e2299ba86d6845853eb6a93b8ac0f43> and will circle back to that later.

In the long run, if avidemux used MacPorts' ffmpeg instead of the bundled ffmpeg, life will be much, much, much easier for us.

Best,

Ken