Of Perl and "h2ph"

Dave Horsfall
In Perl it may be necessary to run "h2ph" to convert C *.h files into the
equivalent *.ph files e.g. when doing low-level stuff such as ioctl().

I can understand having to do this if one is installing Perl from sources
to a new platform, but should this not be part of the Perl port to
MacPorts?

I didn't seem to require it on the FreeBSD port, and yes, I'm gonna be
comparing the two a lot as I bring a lot of my FreeBSD stuff over to the
Mac as well...  (And I won't even start on the Penguin breakage.)

Dave Horsfall DTM (VK2KFU)  "Those who don't understand security will suffer."

Re: Of Perl and "h2ph"

Dave Horsfall
On Wed, 11 Apr 2018, Dave Horsfall wrote:

> In Perl it may be necessary to run "h2ph" to convert C *.h files into
> the equivalent *.ph files e.g. when doing low-level stuff such as
> ioctl().

Sigh...  Skip it; I found the answer after I had a brief nap (that happens
a lot with me).

Short answer: read the Perl IO::Handle page a little more fully before
posting a silly question...

--
Dave Horsfall DTM (VK2KFU)  "Those who don't understand security will suffer."